Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 jacket

55chevy

New in Town
Hello folks, I have been doing some research prior to purchasing my first A-2 jacket. I am wondering if anyone can give me some Info. on Eastman's Pearl Harbor and .50 CAL? I'm looking for a more slim/fitted jacket. Thank you.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I have the .50Cal. It is definitely not the slimmest fit jacket that you can find, nor does the Pearl Harbour A-2.

There are several things that you need to consider when you buy these two jackets. First, these two jackets are steerhide, not horsehide, so if you are looking for authenticity, they are not for you. They are also more expensive than the ELC house A-2 jackets, so even if you are not looking at exact repro of the original contracts, you may want to look at the slightly cheaper Eastman tag jackets.

But, saying that, these two jackets are absolutely beautiful. I wear my .50Cal quite often, and it is absolutely beautiful with it's slight worn kind of look and the reddish knits. For slimmer jackets, you may actually want to look at Webber contract? I am sure there are many experts who can help you out.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would certainly recommend the ELC 1933 Werber or Cable as IMO they are among the best A2s Eastman make. The Werber is particularly slim fitting as were most of the 1930s original contracts. I have owned the .50 Cal, which is based on an Aero. It is a nice jacket and I like the contrast between the dark seal leather and berry knits.

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Here's a pic of me in my Pearl Harbor Time Worn. I sold it because I thought it looked too roomy but I might be wrong about that. The jacket was superb though. Really nice.
ELCPH.jpg

DSC01377.JPG

DSC01368.JPG

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Nicholas, I agree that jacket was slighty to roomy on you... Eastman seem to cut those jackets larger than some patterns. Otherwise it looks very authentic in timeworn. I went for a bargain Eastman's "House" which is less roomy than the Pearl Harbour.

Giftmacher: that Cooper in the link, is not 1930s but a modern cut military A-2. Nothing like a classic A-2 at all!

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Hello folks, I have been doing some research prior to purchasing my first A-2 jacket. I am wondering if anyone can give me some Info. on Eastman's Pearl Harbor and .50 CAL? I'm looking for a more slim/fitted jacket. Thank you.

What size are you looking for

Alan

Lonn

Familiar Face
Thank you, so what is regular price of repro?

Why get a repro? The current issue Orchard is an awesome jacket and genuine to boot. Any decent surplus store should have them for under $300 or stop by the 2nd hand GI store by your local base. If there is a base near you in the Czech Republic. If not, ebay for under $300 all day.

aafleader

New in Town
Have to agree on the Orchard. Mine is a 1992 issue with honest wear... Very sharp ! Looking around for an original officers name tag from that era.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Why get a repro? The current issue Orchard is an awesome jacket and genuine to boot. Any decent surplus store should have them for under $300 or stop by the 2nd hand GI store by your local base. If there is a base near you in the Czech Republic. If not, ebay for under $300 all day.

The only seller on ebay does not ship outside of U.S, maybe later. Here in CR are only three "GI stores". us-army.cz got only M51 and 65 parkas, m1armyshop.cz got only Coopers and gijoe.cz got this:
http://www.gijoe.cz/bundy-kabaty/575-bunda-a2.html
Ain't that a Cooper too? Most probably it is, judging by price.

Edward

Bartender
The current issue jackets are an option if you can find one, though they are a somewhat different beast than the ww2 pattern. Going used can net you a bargain; I have both an Aero and an ELC which I picked up on ebay in excellent condition for about half the new price.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Here's a pic of me in my Pearl Harbor Time Worn. I sold it because I thought it looked too roomy but I might be wrong about that. The jacket was superb though. Really nice.
ELCPH.jpg

Yes, the Pearl Habour jacket is very nice. I've got the .50Cal A-2 as well, but the cuts for these two jackets are funny, it looks to me that they are designed for people with big bellies. They also have very roomy cuts for the sleeves. I am not sure about the other ELC A-2s though. I am already saving up for the new Stars Sportswear one. See if I can try the jacket out in London or at the Duxford airshows later on this year.

Jorgeaguilera

One of the Regulars
Hi, I've been thinking of getting an Orchard A-2, but I've been told that there are some Orchard new production jackets that even comes with the 92 spec tag but they are lesser quality than real 92 versions, I got a couple of questions, I hope you can help me.
In case that what I've heard is true
What are the main differences between the 2 versions?
How can you spot a new lesser quality version?
Thank you very much for your time
Jorge

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Hi, I've been thinking of getting an Orchard A-2, but I've been told that there are some Orchard new production jackets that even comes with the 92 spec tag but they are lesser quality than real 92 versions, I got a couple of questions, I hope you can help me.
In case that what I've heard is true
What are the main differences between the 2 versions?
How can you spot a new lesser quality version?
Thank you very much for your time
Jorge

Some good info here.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ckets-for-99-(Marked-down-from-249-289)/page2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo