Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 shuffle

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Got another one, this time off of E-bay for a good price. It's an older 1990's Eastman house veg tanned HH, seal with redish undertones. The knits are good and the hide is starting to get a patina going. The hide is much lighter in weight than a US auth. but the US Auth is much grainier. Here's some pics of both for comparison for you guys looking at getting one, or the other for that matter. The fit on each is completely different from the other. The Eastman is cut slimmer and neater but not binding, the USA is looser, but can be worn with a sweatshirt or such. I hasd A G&B which is a totaly loose and modern fit. (the darker one is the Eastman). The last pick is of my old man in Africa durring WWII. I'm thinking of doing the eastman up like his was. Cheers!!

IMG_0030.jpg

101-0184_IMG.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

101-0185_IMG.jpg

untitled.jpg

P.S.

Fletch,

I am sorry if I insulted you with my comment about the cockpit. They make a realy nice repro of the AVG if you like that stuff. It is a beautiful jacket. I contacted American Mysique about it a while ago. The earlier contract repros, usualy pre war, are tighter fitting. Thier AVG is a pre war pattern, the torso is trimmer and the sleeves are closer, not so baggy. It retails at about $380 with all the patches. They won't make it without the patches, I already asked.

Art

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
The second pic is the US Authentic I take it? (looks like mine minus my nose art)
I am sold on USA. I love the heavy weight horse hide, the price, the delivery time, and the fact that they develop a lot of grain fairly rapidly despite the weight of the leather. I like the undertones on the Eastman too. :)

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
The hide on my US A is unbelievable. The pic is when it was about a month old. I have been wearing it every day since November. The creasing and grain are unreal. It is quite heavy as well. Can not beat it for the price, and Dover will do custom work too. I liked the fact that it only took two days to get to me from the day I ordered it. The Eastman wears like a sweatshirt, nice and light for the sping and fall.

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

I concur with the major! Let's see a closeup on the seal and the goatskin on the US A. Anybody?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Hey Swoosed, no sweat. I wasn't at all insulted, just a bit put out that someone would say "not authentic" and then not get specific. These things aren't intuitively obvious to all of us.

For my part, I said I hoped you were as for real as your jacket. I shouldn'a.

Tell about your dad. What outfit was he with? Where? What'd he do?

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Well, he was with the 774th heavy bombardment squadron, that was part of the 463rd bomb group, 15th AAF, the swoose group, hence my sign on. there was a dumb song about a half swan and half goose back then, the commander thought the B-17 fit that bill , the rest is history. He was a ball turret gunner and armorer in a B-17. They flew out of North Africa and then Foggia, Italy. They did a lot of runs over Romania and Germany. I have alot of cool period pictures of him in B-3's, ANJ-4, D-6, and A-2 jackets. He was a jacket freak too I think.

kojax

Practically Family
a2 jacket

i have two a2 flight jackets one from us mfg horsehide and another flight suites a2 goatskin. both real nice jackets.............i think for the money u s mfg makes a nice jacket........my nexet new jacket will be a g- i am looking at flight suties g- jacket. i want new nothing off ebay lol......

Bebop

Practically Family
Very nice jackets. I am a big fan of U.S. Authentic and their service. I have one of their goats that fits as a custom made would.

I have to agree with Feraud, all of these great A-2 photos that have been showing up here lately are going to make me want to start up again on my wallet flattening.:D

kojax

Practically Family
does anybody have a good picture of the g-i jacket from u.s.mfg. the one in the catalog does not show much.........they need a better catalog.......flight jacket has a nice catalog.......thank you kojax

Marv

A-List Customer
I know the feeling, I have 4 A2s - 2 ELC, 1 Aero and 1 Cooper plus 2 Irvins ELC & AL......there is also a G1 on the way too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80