Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Blank Canvas

The chest had been in my family for years. Right now I can't seem to find any other place for it. I'm going to move the bookcase a few inches and place a floor lamp between it and the armchair. In the corner where the monitor is will be either an umbrella stand or a coat rack.

Last edited:
Another idea I'm toying around with is to turn the couch around so that it faces the armchair creating a more intimate conversation area and thus achieving the clublike look I've been wanting. Then I could create another conversation/TV viewing area by placing either two armchairs or a loveseat by the window. Not seen in the picture is a green cabinet where the TV will be. The latter isn't really my choice but I've got three housemates.

rue

Still a Work in Progress.
Slowly but surely The Vision takes shape. :)

1175091_191667687675564_1187773941_n.jpg

944623_191667757675557_1370583406_n.jpg

994588_191667801008886_273498256_n.jpg

1175397_191670247675308_1346502129_n.jpg

I agreed with Scott, but like what you're doing. I'd have to see all four sides of the room, as you have it now, to give any advice though V.C. :)

Just stumbled across this thread. Good work so fat V.C.
I too am in the process of fixing up a home recently purchased, a 60s split level, although I,m trying to point it back in a more mid--century direction. Someone did a few terrible modern upgrades to parts of it, but I am slowly but surely undoing them.
I also understand finding that balance with the housemates. Sometimes what I want to do isn't the most practical with a home full of children. I shudder every time I go downstairs into the den. The ponderosa pine paneling and fireplace are screaming for vintage lodge furnishings, not Nintendo and legos but at least they have a place to do kid things that isn't always the same place I'm trying to do grown up things.
Maybe I'll share some of my progress here as well if you don't mind.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Just stumbled across this thread. Good work so fat V.C.
I too am in the process of fixing up a home recently purchased, a 60s split level, although I,m trying to point it back in a more mid--century direction. Someone did a few terrible modern upgrades to parts of it, but I am slowly but surely undoing them.
I also understand finding that balance with the housemates. Sometimes what I want to do isn't the most practical with a home full of children. I shudder every time I go downstairs into the den. The ponderosa pine paneling and fireplace are screaming for vintage lodge furnishings, not Nintendo and legos but at least they have a place to do kid things that isn't always the same place I'm trying to do grown up things.
Maybe I'll share some of my progress here as well if you don't mind.

You will appreciate this DH, http://realtormag.realtor.org/home-and-design/architecture-coach/article/2008/09/split-level-homes-outdated-or-underrated I live in the mirror image of your house, they have there good and bad points. My problem is, I love the Victorian era in housing.

Thanks for the link Stearmen. Interesting article. I didn't realize we lived in basically the same house (although I'm not surprised, millions of them were built). Honestly I wasn't particularly in the market for one myself, but as the article stated - it was priced right, and with kids, it's good to have the space.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the link Stearmen. Interesting article. I didn't realize we lived in basically the same house (although I'm not surprised, millions of them were built). Honestly I wasn't particularly in the market for one myself, but as the article stated - it was priced right, and with kids, it's good to have the space.

That's how I knew where the upstairs bathroom was. I joke, I know where half the baths are in homes here in the states! A bit of an exaggeration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff