Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A "chic" woman

Amelia

New in Town
hello Ladies,

I was reading a book that I got from urban outfitters about Coco Chanel's style and there's a quote that caught my eye. " there's nothing chic about a woman who doesn't wear a hat" . I was just wondering since I'm trying to incorporate more styles from the 1950's into my closet, what are some of accessories that a woman never left her house without?

Thanks for helping a newbie out ladies :D

TheLibrarian

New in Town
Bella, when I have a pixie I wear my hats the same way I would if I had long hair - since when my hair is long it is usually pinned up. Actually, I have a couple of hats I can't wear when my hair is long because my hair gets in the way. I save those for when I get bored and whack it all off.

What about gloves? My grandmother wouldn't leave the house without gloves, and if I am really dressing for the occasion I wear them too. (You think a hat and vintage dress gets looks - try the same outfit with white gloves and a lace-trimmed hankie!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR