Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A French perspective on the riots

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Profile...

Welcome to the Lounge. Don't forget to fill in your profile so we can see what you like and do.

Hope you and yours are avoiding the recent rash of mob violence in France. The last report was that 300 towns in France were burning. Can you shed some light on the subject from your perspective?

Again, welcome...

Tefouane

A-List Customer
News from FRANCE...

Thanks for your reply !
I live away from big cities on fire...
It's a disaster for many people who have lost their cars , home , and shops...
Unfortunately , there are small groups of extremist people who are doing such a bad things. The probelm is that many people touched by these violences are considering that all the young people who are linving in suburban areas are responsible for these violence.
Criminals are saying that they want to be helped and listened but In my mind it's not the correct way... Many french citizen are reminding about the Algerian War (evenments are the same : violence, crime, fire ) , but I think it's a social problem : too many people are asking help to find a job and these who are linving near big cities are always controlled by the police ( 3, 4 , 5 times ) in 5 hours !!! They say they feel like in jail .....
It's a big problem and our president is doing NOTHING !!! What a shame.
Hope you have all understood , I speak not very well....
Thanks for looking
St?ɬ©phane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21