Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A gorgeous SAVANNAH by Blach Sheep Hats

Karlos

New in Town
Hello,

Here, up for sale a brand new and unworn Black Sheep Hat, a SAVANNAH, in sahara beaver felt, dressed out in 1 1/2" gunmetal grey petersham ribbon and edge binding, ostrich leather sweatband, vent holes on the left side and a classy liner.

4 1/2" crown
2 1/2" brim
Size is 23", 7 3/8
300 bucks, shipping included:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
As a newcomer here, you likely weren't aware of the policy requiring us to post a price here, unless you post a link to an auction.

So, what are asking for this fine felt, sir?
Post Script... you will be able to private message when you have accumulated 15 posts. Get posting; you're so close!!

Karlos

New in Town
As a newcomer here, you likely weren't aware of the policy requiring us to post a price here, unless you post a link to an auction.

So, what are asking for this fine felt, sir?
Post Script... you will be able to private message when you have accumulated 15 posts. Get posting; you're so close!!
Thank you for your message, I appreciate.

You're right.
As a newcomer, I was not aware of the policy about including a price and I apologize about it.
Since I only know the price I paid for it and doesn't have a clue on the hat's value on the second-hand market, any help is welcome.

Karlos

New in Town
Oh... Sure!

Well, yes I ordered that hat, I got it, it looks fabulous but it appears to be too small for me...
What can I say? When I put it on, it feels OK but when I take it off, it leaves an ugly red mark on my forehead.

Once again, I assume full responsibility for it.
Master Bob sent me the proper material to measure the circumference and I obviously messed up...
It's as simple as that.

What size do you wear? 23" is usually in the 7 1/4 to 3/8 range. This makes this hat very desirable to many of us on the lounge. It might even fit me. Wish there was a price listed.

From your point of view, what would be a fair price?
I only have experience with one custom maker, Mike Miller from NW Hats. I have paid $250 for his customs. I have not priced a BSHW until this evening, seeing they are considerably more $$. This is still basically a new hat, and unlike driving a Chevy off the lot and taking a hit, I'm not certain this would be the case with this hat. I know I've seen VS used hats on Ebay for about half price, but these went up in bidding out of my pocket book. My thoughts are in the $250 to $275 range, but I'm far from an authority on pricing. I'm just guessing. Only you can determine what you are willing to let this one go for. It is a nice looking hat, and for the right head size, a real find. An accurate measurement of the inner circumference in CM would push it over the top, I'm sure. 58cm = 7 1/4 59 is the 7 3/8. Lots of guys would be interested if a dead on size could be determined and a price set. All this for 2 cents! There is a deal!

From your point of view, what would be a fair price?

No offense Karlos, but the policy here is for you to establish a price point you are comfortable with, not for us to guess your price. You know what you paid for it; you must have some idea of where you want to wind up. Establish a baseline and go from there. There are other things for the buyer to consider, as well, such aa shipping costs from your location.

As to size, certainly you could contact Bob and ask. Otherwise, you could provide the front-to-back and side-to-side measurements of the oval, and a fairly accurate size can be determined. Else, 23" is 7 3/8.

Also, other specs, such as crown height and brim width are good to list.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last edited:

Karlos

New in Town
No offense Karlos, but the policy here is for you to establish a price point you are comfortable with, not for us to guess your price. You know what you paid for it; you must have some idea of where you want to wind up. Establish a baseline and go from there. There are other things for the buyer to consider, as well, such aa shipping costs from your location.

As to size, certainly you could contact Bob and ask. Otherwise, you could provide the front-to-back and side-to-side measurements of the oval, and a fairly accurate size can be determined. Else, 23" is 7 3/8.

Also, other specs, such as crown height and brim width are good to list.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Gentlemen, I've heard you.
Ad has been updated with price and more specs.
Sorry for my clumsiness but thank you for time and help, it is much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran