Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A gorgeous SAVANNAH by Blach Sheep Hats

No offense Karlos, but the policy here is for you to establish a price point you are comfortable with, not for us to guess your price. You know what you paid for it; you must have some idea of where you want to wind up. Establish a baseline and go from there. There are other things for the buyer to consider, as well, such aa shipping costs from your location.

As to size, certainly you could contact Bob and ask. Otherwise, you could provide the front-to-back and side-to-side measurements of the oval, and a fairly accurate size can be determined. Else, 23" is 7 3/8.

Also, other specs, such as crown height and brim width are good to list.

Good luck with your sale.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
+1

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Gentlemen, I've heard you.
Ad has been updated with price and more specs.
Sorry for my clumsiness but thank you for time and help, it is much appreciated!
As nice a hat as it is, I would send it back and have it worked on to fit. I say this as time goes by, you will reflect on how you wished you still owned that hat. I am super sure Black Sheep can make what ever size fix for you without too much trouble...contact them and find out. In fact most of the recent hatters that we have here on the Lounge could provide you with such service BUT some may not want to touch another hatter's work. Email of phone calls could provide you with some answers.

makitright

One of the Regulars
Another round trip from France will cost Karlos $100-$150 just for postage and potential import duties again.

Actually the $150 would not include ANY re-import duties - it would just be for round trip postage.

Last edited:

Karlos

New in Town
In my case, it last over a year and cost me almost 600EUR... For a hat I cannot even wear... Can't say it doesn't hurt...
It hurts so much that I am quite reluctant right now to invest any additional money in it.
IMO, sometimes it's better to accept a loss and move on...

Karlos

New in Town
Let's dwell on the positive:)

I turned 40 this year and everybody chipped in for me to buy a 1000USD Brent Black Panama hat.
But now I know how risky it is to spend that kind of money without trying the hat first.
So, I wooooon't!:)

Anyone with a good investment plan?:)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

I turned 40 this year and everybody chipped in for me to buy a 1000USD Brent Black Panama hat.
But now I know how risky it is to spend that kind of money without trying the hat first.

Contact Esther Weiss she is here on the Lounge and is located very close to you (as compared to the USA) she is in Belgium. I can imagine she can make your hat that is from Black Sheep fit you with no problem. You can also do a Google Search and find her on Instagram look for EstherWeiss Millinery. Oh she also makes great looking hats at a much better price then Brent Black, as well as making felt fur Fedoras.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Contact Esther Weiss she is here on the Lounge and is located very close to you (as compared to the USA) she is in Belgium. I can imagine she can make your hat that is from Black Sheep fit you with no problem. You can also do a Google Search and find her on Instagram look for EstherWeiss Millinery. Oh she also makes great looking hats at a much better price then Brent Black, as well as making felt fur Fedoras.

That's not a bad idea, Cindy. I'm sure Esther has the skilz to do this. And the shipping may not be prohibitive to Antwerp.

Dude, can I borrow your friends?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Karlos, you can try here in Italy Cappelleria Melegari - Milano
http://www.cappelleriamelegari.com/...ers_id=13&sort=20a&filter_id=100#.WHjks_nhCM8
Some of the hand made products (Sergio Anzani is the hatter) are really awesome
I have one made and it will worth the price.
Another hatter in Milano
http://www.cappelleriacabella.it/trilby-e-fedora/
I have no experience with them but you can inquire.
So you could avoid taxes and shipping cost
I have extensive experience of hats made or restored outside Europe and the costs are always too high because it really worth
Some hats Traclet production are really interesting as Guerra 1855 production
http://www.chapellerie-traclet.com/...=desc&search_query=guerra+1855&submit_search=

I hope this helps
Ciao

Karlos

New in Town
Thank your for your help, Daniele; very thoughtful of you.

But even a European Hatter won't do me.

Yes, I will avoid custom taxes but I'll still have to pay for shipping, back and forth, plus the hatter's fee.
And that's gonna be how much?
Another couple of hundreds?
Not gonna happen...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank your for your help, Daniele; very thoughtful of you.

But even a European Hatter won't do me.

Yes, I will avoid custom taxes but I'll still have to pay for shipping, back and forth, plus the hatter's fee.
And that's gonna be how much?
Another couple of hundreds?
Not gonna happen...
If you would contact Esther...I think you would find what little she would charge you a very decent deal. Not only to fix up this wonderful hat you now own, but also for anything you would desire "hat" wise in the future. Not all hatter want and arm and a leg (so to speak) financially for making a hat or in this case, to simply bump the size up a bit for it to fit you perfectly.

You have a masterpiece hat. If it cost you a small price to have it fit perfect and you then started to wear it, you would thank yourself in the long run for doing so.

You may have been able to have a custom hat made from Esther for about half the price you paid for this one. Now please know there is nothing wrong with the price of your hat....each hatter does their own way of making a hat. You would NOT be upset if you had Esther make a hat for you. She is fantastic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy