Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Little Fun With The Wife ( Rated G)

50 Gold

My wife (of 29 years) and I are just sitting around. She's studying, (she graduates as a 46 year old nurse in May), and I'm reading, so feeling a little mischevious I said, "Well Hon, I think I'll go check out the Fedora Lounge and see what's going on." She gives me that look that only a married man can appreciate and says, "What, Is that one of those strip clubs or something?" I told her it was just a place where guys and gals can get together and chat. So as I fake dressing up in my study, she says, "You go to that place and you'll need stiches when you get back!" "It's too late Hon," I reply, I'm already there. She rushes in and here I am, lurking around." Her expression was priceless. "I should beat you with a hatbox for that!" (Yikes)
Anyway, after perusing a while she decides she wants a fedora of her own (for outdoor adventures, etc!). Does anyone know if a woman's hat is cut differently than a man's, and where one can be purchased?
And thanks to all for making me feel so welcome. I hope to glean much knowledge from you all on my journey in hatdom. (hatdom?)

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
Cute,

I thought you looked the mischevious type. Just a little curl to the mouth in a slight smile, make people wonder what you're thinking. Good move though, better to have her on your side and interested. Well done!

vespasian

One of the Regulars
There are some stunning looking ladies hats out there, I just wish I could convince mine to join the club. She does have an opinion about me using an online forum about hats, and it aint positive yet.:rolleyes:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
50 Gold -- There are lots of gals, now, on the Lounge, and some here do wear what are considered men's hats. I am a standard 7 1/8 and those hats fit me. Gals look good in those Indy hats and vintage Borsalinos.

I think there are a goodly number of women here who wear women's hats and, like the guys, prefer vintage hats.

Then there are the cap wearers,men and women. Yesterday I ordered a black wool cap from B!Wear, I get more compliments on the caps than I do the hats. I see lots of women wearing caps, even here in Iowa.

Just warn her: it is an addiction.

karol

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I say, find her a men's hat, 50 Gold. I don't know if it's just that they are better looking than women's hats, or if it's just the fact that it is a man's hat on a woman... but I think women look better in men's hats. (hope that didn't sound too redundant)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW