Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A mouton collar and cherry FQHH

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Thoughts and opinions needed: I'm thinking of getting a Hudson Aero for the winter but need some help with the color of the alpaca collar. It's definitely going to be cherry FQHH -- I think that color is just unbelievable: What color for the collar would you all think looks best with that leather? Rust? Light brown? Dark brown?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here's my FQHH 50's HBD with removable collar. Only used it while in Europe, but it was great. These are of it new.
<br>

IMG_1296.jpg
[/URL]
<br>

IMG_1293.jpg
[/URL]

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I'd skip the mouton collar. Cherry is excellent on its own. Get a nice scarf, instead. If it it rains, mouton gets kind of wet...

It is indeed ... I have an HG5 in cherry that is a stunner. I'm thinking, though, that Ken might nix doing without the mouton collar on the grounds that it's central to the overall design of the piece.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Yeah, I had a cherry Barnstormer, lost weight, enough not to be able to handle the jacket even with the belt. I've also had mouton collar jackets in other colors. I just think if it's cold and it rains, just a leather jacket, nothing wet around my neck. Below 0 centigrade, Irvins or B-3s...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Here's my FQHH 50's HBD with removable collar. Only used it while in Europe, but it was great. These are of it new.
<br>

IMG_1296.jpg
[/URL]
<br>

IMG_1293.jpg
[/URL]

I remember you posting pics of this before and I love it. What tartan lining is that one?

Edward

Bartender
With Cherry, personally I'd go for rust. One of the joys of a jacket that isn't brown or black is that it can be matched with either colour more easily... IMO, you lose that if you opt for a brown collar or a black one. I do love that rust, though, anyhow...

Re: a removable colllar ... I would if Aero offered one these days, but the last I was told, they don't anymore, at least not for this model.

If memory serves, when Ken came back day to day he wasn't happy that the existing design worked well enough, and so it was mothballed til they did something he was happy with. I've not heard anything more about it since either. Maybe they'll look into it again later on once the backlog previously built up has cleared. [huh]

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
If memory serves, when Ken came back day to day he wasn't happy that the existing design worked well enough, and so it was mothballed til they did something he was happy with. I've not heard anything more about it since either. Maybe they'll look into it again later on once the backlog previously built up has cleared. [huh]

You're correct ... Holly told me a while back her dad wasn't happy with the removable collars they were making at the time. Hadn't heard anything different from her or Carrie at Thurston Bros.

You're correct ... Holly told me a while back her dad wasn't happy with the removable collars they were making at the time. Hadn't heard anything different from her or Carrie at Thurston Bros.
Well, in that respect, they're right to look for a better way. I hope they do - it's a great option. But the method leaves a bit to be desired for sure. That's OK though because it makes it feel more custom than an off the rack jacket. Odd yes, but true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters