Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A suit with History

benstephens

Practically Family
Often, it is very hard to know who pre-owned the suits that we cherish. If we are lucky, some do have a name, but mostly, names of obscurity. If we are lucky, we are able to find out a bit about the gentlemen whom the suit was made for.

One such suit I have is a charcoal grey/almost black three piece edwardian suit. It is good quality etc. However, the name in it always intrigued me. It was made for a Brigadier General T.O.Seagram. I could not find out a lot until I looked at the WW1 London Gazzette. In their, I have found he was Mentioned in despatches in 1915 when he was a Major, Awarded the DSO on the 29th of December 1916, Got the CMG in 1919, and left the Army in 1920 with the honourary rank of Brig Gen, which he had done as an acting role on the Western front in 1918.

Quite amazing, one feels that I can in no way fill the suit in the way he did, but, none the less I will wear it with the thought of the Brave man who it was made for.

I will post a picture of it soon.

Kindest Regards

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24