Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A True Vintage Lady

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
This morning my family and I commended my great aunt to the mercy of God.

My beloved great aunt Mildred was just short of her 96th birthday. She was born in the year 1912.

She saw much in her life... the end of the Victorian/Edwardian era, a depression, two world wars, and that's just a sampling.

I owe much to my love of the golden era to my geat aunt. I learned much from her.

She had a full life and she will be truly missed. She was a truly golden lady from the golden era.

Rest in peace, Aunt Mildred!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a wonderful woman! How great that she shared her exciting life with you and that you listened to her stories.

What was your favorite story?

Her memory is a blessing, thank you for sharing with us.

And many condolences on your loss.

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences.

As for the stories my great aunt shared.... I will share some of these with the lounge in the near future perhaps.

Again, thank you!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I've got an aunt who's 101 and drove herself & lived on her own until about 2 years ago, and I know all too soon, the phone will ring, and she'll be gone. Like you, I marvel at the things that ocurred during her lifetime, as I do at times thinking about my grandmother.

epr25

Practically Family
What a wonderful woman. I would have loved to sit down and have lunch with her. Oh all the things she had seen. What a treasure that you knew her. I am sorry for your loss.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Best wishes to you and your family at this time of sorrow. We all know what it's like to loose some one dear to us. My condolences.

Regards,
alphy27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy