Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 and Navy in San Diego

Mrdi

New in Town
Gentlemen,

I have heard there is a store/maker in San Diego that has a good rep for making A2s and assorted QUALITY WW2 jackets. Anyone have comments, name, link to this establishment?

Thanks,

Mrdi

TarHeel1911

New in Town
You may also be thinking of Flightsuits/Gibson & Barnes. They are located in El Cajon, which is just east of San Diego, and by all accounts they make some very fine A-2, G-1, and other leather flight jackets.

I don't own one of their A-2's myself (I have a US Authentic), but do a search for G&B on this forum, and you'll get plenty of info on these jackets.

Their website is www.flightsuits.com; you can check out their jackets, as well as getting directions to their showroom. They also have contact info if you need to get them on the phone.

Good luck.

kevinblack

New in Town
I have an A-2 Civil from G&B bought at Christmas. It is excellent quality (not a WWII repro though, I wasn't after that). Look at their catalog they have an A2 Mark 41, A2 Mark 43 and many others. Someone on VLJ was selling a Mark 41 IIRC for about half the going rate in Size 42 and hardly worn. I would have bought it if it was my size and I hadn't just bought one.

Form, fit and function (for me at least) is excellent and they are great people to deal with. I was on Holidays in the US and the sales rep (Nyla Acton) personally delivered to my hotel in San Diego when she found out the store would be closed when I was there, not bad.....

For the price they are hard to beat.

As usual YMMV.

Cheers,
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner