Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a2 hilts a2 real mccoy jacket

kojax

Practically Family
this is my hilts a2 real mccoy jacket size 38 you think the fit is good ??? Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.15 AM.jpg Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.15 AM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.15 AM.jpg
Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.15 AM #2.jpg
Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.16 AM.jpg
Photo on 9-7-21 at 9.16 AM.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
excellent. Was watching Band of Brothers again the other day and I couldn't help but notice the superb A2s they were wearing. A little research and some old posts from here and I discovered they are in fact RMCs. No wonder they looked so stylish. You wear it well. I'm done buying jackets but I've made a couple exceptions in my head to "upgrade" some jackets in my current line up, and going to a RMC A2 is on that list. Congrats.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Based on wartime photos A2 fits are all over the place. It looks comfortable so I’d say your good. Beat it up and update the pics.

kojax

Practically Family
excellent. Was watching Band of Brothers again the other day and I couldn't help but notice the superb A2s they were wearing. A little research and some old posts from here and I discovered they are in fact RMCs. No wonder they looked so stylish. You wear it well. I'm done buying jackets but I've made a couple exceptions in my head to "upgrade" some jackets in my current line up, and going to a RMC A2 is on that list. Congrats.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

RMC quality is excellent but the current RMC company is not the same as the original one (whose jackets you saw in the show), which went out of business. The original brand’s factory survived until a few years ago, under the name The Few. The current iteration of the original RMC is Toys McCoy, which reproduces the Hilts A-2 as well as several other items from Steve McQueen films.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
RMC quality is excellent but the current RMC company is not the same as the original one (whose jackets you saw in the show), which went out of business. The original brand’s factory survived until a few years ago, under the name The Few. The current iteration of the original RMC is Toys McCoy, which reproduces the Hilts A-2 as well as several other items from Steve McQueen films.
ah thanks. Good to know. Just understood the "Hilts" reference as you mentioned The Ultimate Alpha Male--aka Steve McQueen! :cool:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Fit looks good, more important is how it feels.
A lot depends on the leather also...

I was lucky enough to visit the original RM back in NZ a few years back, just after they were bought out (after the big quake)... Was unlucky not to find a jacket in my size, but hell... what a place. Heaven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21