Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

LadyStardust

Practically Family
OH
MY
GOD.

I just found out about this! I am horrified! I had no idea!:( :( What an incredible loss! I always had a soft spot for him because he was my first ever crush, I remember being so in love with him after 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knight's Tale, The Patriot.........god, this is horrible! So young, he surely went well before his time! :( :( :( :(

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I just saw this!!

$^&^$&^$(&%&#$%^#@%$@!!!!!!!

Now here was a young actor who was really starting to set the bar!!!

It's such a shame to see the loss of an up and comming actor who had his whole life ahead of him!!! He could have easily gone anywhere with his tallent... Accomplished so much!!!!

What a shame!

I also hope the best for his family during this time... It can't be easy.

Take care everyone!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
This is indeed a tragedy.

And that is all the public will know until the NYC Medical Examiner releases their report. Let's allow the man some dignity until then. This may well have been accidental.

He has a two-year old daughter and grieving friends and family. I, for one, will pray for them that they be granted the decency of some privacy in the days ahead.

Donato

One of the Regulars
In Memory of Heath Ledger - Unofficial Lounger

A Tribute to Actor Heath Ledger - "Rest in peace" - It seems that he was one of us, at least unofficially. (I did not know where else to post this thread.)
heathledgertribute_l.jpg

heath_ledger_99.jpg

heath_ledger_the_patriot_002.jpg

ledger_narrowweb__300x4790.jpg

heatrh_ledger.jpg

D00R

One of the Regulars
Iv always been a fan of his work.

Seeing his portrayal of the Joker in footage from the film made me anticipate his talent and where his career would take him.

Respect to his family and Loved ones.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I misted up a little when I heard. I've loved him for years. He wasn't just good-looking, he was quite talented.

I had a crush on him from when I was 13.

Pneumonia and exhaustion. Just so sad.

Hondo

One Too Many
MrBern said:
early NYT blog reports that its Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment may be wrong.

Blog is still up.

but here's the NYT report
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/movies/23cnd-ledger.html

Mary-Kate owned the apartment building, I don't believe she lives there.
I think the fast pace of his life made him do drugs, sleeping or energy. Accidents happen, tragic but it happens R.I.P. :(
"Those who forget the past, are doomed to repeat it"
In this case Wealth, health and livelihood in youth, so many past examples Jimmy Hendricks, River Phoenix the list goes on.

Edward

Bartender
Miss Brill said:
CNN is saying possible drug overdose w/OTC sleeping medication. (He was in London on Saturday & some are saying he might have been trying to get caught up with his sleep) This is a such a shock, I figured it would be Britney Spears.[huh]

I hope it wasn't suicide; it's a dreadful tragedy on a human level and a real loss to acting however he died, but at least if it wasn't suicide he won't have suffered the terrible psychological torment of someone in that position, and I do think that suicides are much harder for those left behind to come to terms with. I guess they'll find out in due course. The coroners reached an open verdict on Hendrix's death, but all the signs there pointed to accidental death - he'd taken sleeping pills and a bottle of wine in an attempt to sleep right through the next day as he was due on a long haul flight and feared flying - knew he wouldn't sleep on the plane.

SamMarlowPI said:
just realized he was the same age as Jimi Hendrix and even died under similar circumstances, drug overdose, in an apartment, sleeping, etc...

A little older, but only by a few months - Jimi was just 27 when he died, having not quite reached the end of his twenty-eighth year.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Very sad indeed. I enjoyed his acting and really liked The Four Feathers.

I think it's odd that when a "pill overdose" victim is found they usually say the pills were found "scattered about".
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld