Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
PolkaDotMeggie said:
Now come on? I think my comparison is dead on. My father-in-law has OCD, clinical depression and insomnia. You're telling me that I am not making a real comparison? You don't think that if his mental health prescribed drugs interacted with the pain medication, people wouldn't wonder if he committed suicide???

I'm not going to comment on a family medical situation that you know, and I don't -- no advantage for me there. I will say this: I have a very hard time believing that Heath Ledger was in such rough shape at 28 that he was in legitimate need of all those drugs. A couple, sure, that's possible. All of them -- no way I'm buying it. My BS detector is strobing.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I'm getting confused--what are we speculating over? Was it suicide, or why anyone cares, why no one wants him to be disrespected, why he had so many dr drugs and no street drugs, or why people are saying they wish it had been Britney?

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
It doesn't matter if it is family related or not. You are intelligent. You should get the concept I was going for in my example.

But I guess you and I will just have to live our lives knowing we don't agree. How will I ever go on knowing you "wore" me out with this debate? :rolleyes:

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
PolkaDotMeggie said:
It doesn't matter if it is family related or not. You are intelligent. You should get the concept I was going for in my example.

But I guess you and I will just have to live our lives knowing we don't agree. How will I ever go on knowing you "wore" me out with this debate? :rolleyes:

Let's call it a draw -- I'm sure I didn't wear you out. :) Of course I get your concept -- mixing drugs, which many people are doing for good and bad reasons, increases the chance of harmful or fatal interactions. I made that point myself, lo these many posts ago. The point is certainly applicable to what happened to Ledger.

Where we split is that I don't think that what happened to Ledger was some unforeseeable freak medical tragedy. He was a prescription drug abuser, as are many in Hollywood. (By abuser I mean not only that he took them for recreational purposes, as he likely did, but also that he took them without proper supervision or regard for consequences, as he clearly did.) There is plenty of testimony to suggest that Ledger was a vigorous abuser of illicit drugs as well, as are many in Hollywood. So -- and this is what Jovan took exception with initially -- I am laying responsibility for this death at Ledger's door, whether it was a "suicide" or not. Call me heartless (I'm not, really), but I'll stand by that. The drugs themselves undoubtedly began to affect his judgment, but whatever the contributory factors (depression can't be ruled out, either), his judgment was poor.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Fedora Lounge programming.

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
Now they are saying the "death photos" are being shopped around to the highest bidder. Whose business is it what he looks like dead?
Big bucks to those magazines. I think it's disgusting. I think they(internet people) were doing that some time after Princess Diana was killed. For eg. " check out pictures of diana in car" or something morbid like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ