Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

Miss Brill

One Too Many
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I am keeping his family in my thoughts...

:eek:fftopic: What is so concerning for me is that I take Ambien also. When reading the warning label is dicusses the possibility of sleep walking, eatting food, driving, engaging in sex, or talking on the phone while taking it. Who the heck talks on the whole while sleeping and have I ever done that??! The whole situation makes me uneasy. However, I can understand the anxiety surrounding insomnia. It's a horrible feeling of trying to fall asleep and trying to will your body to relax. I don't know what is worse... laying awake thinking about falling asleep... or the concern that accidents like this one raises.

Anyone else suffer from insomnia and feel the same?

I have always had insomnia--as a baby I fought going to sleep and suffered from night terrors. I don't wake up screaming anymore, but I can't sleep, even when I need to. I try to fight being night owl, and I have taken Ambien before, and I thought it was extremely mild & did nothing. I just recently finished a full-size bottle of TylenolPm, trying to get into an early-to-bed habit & got nowhere. My liver loves me.

I was just looking online & it said if you spend 10 minutes in sunlight when you first wake up, you can reset your body's clock & you'll start getting sleepy about 12 hours later, and I'm going to try that.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've been dealing with terrible insomnia lately myself -- mostly stress/worry induced -- and for a while I was taking valerian extract in a glass of water, and that worked for a while. But I think I've built up a sensitivity to it, because lately it's done me no good at all. The other night I tried a straight shot of vodka just before bed, but that just gave me worse dreams than usual.

I was actually on my way to the store to buy sleeping pills yesterday when I heard the news about Heath Ledger, and I have to admit it made me reconsider.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
:rolleyes:
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the $20 that cops found in Heath Ledger's apartment was clean -- it did not contain drug residue.

Cops recovered the bill, tested it, and the results were clean.

Nice to know they didn't jump to any conclusions. I've never seen anything like this. [huh]

TMZ has learned what types of pills were discovered in the apartment where Heath Ledger was found dead.

NYPD sources tell TMZ that nearly full pill bottles containing the anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan) were found in the apartment. The sleeping medication Zoplicone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found.

All of the drugs were prescribed to Ledger.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
TMZ has learned what types of pills were discovered in the apartment where Heath Ledger was found dead.

NYPD sources tell TMZ that nearly full pill bottles containing the anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan) were found in the apartment. The sleeping medication Zoplicone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found.

All of the drugs were prescribed to Ledger.

One of the hottest areas of study (and litigation) in the coming years is going to be drug interactions. People are taking legally prescribed drugs, in the prescribed or not the described dosage, for the label use, another medically intended use, or no medical use at all. They are taking over-the-counter drugs, ditto. They are taking vitamins, herbs, and natural medicines, ditto. They are taking illicitly obtained and illegal drugs. And they are mixing all of these in their own little laboratory, the human body. Remember the autopsy on Anna Nicole Smith? She was a one-woman pharmacy!

Not to crack wise here, because I truly am upset about Ledger, but I'll never forget a Rita Rudner stand-up joke delivered in her meticulous deadpan: "I don't understand natural childbirth. It seems like everyone is taking drugs except when they need them."

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A personal tribute

While I thought Heath Ledger a very talented actor in all his many roles, my favourite movie role of his was that of iconic Australian figure Ned Kelly. When I first heard the director Gregor Jordan was going to make a movie about the famous bushranger (filmed in 2002/2003), I heard various Hollywood names invoked to play the role, and as someone interested in Australian history, I couldn't imagine any of the actors mentioned as doing the role justice.

Then Heath was announced to play the part. Now, I thought, we'll get a real Ned Kelly. And thanks to Heath, we did. I think he was brilliant in the role, bringing the historical figure to full-blooded life in a way no mere 'movie star' could have done. And he brought the same dedication to his craft to all his other roles, too. He was a truly great actor.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I'm stopping here...

I started reading the replies to this post...and since the media will probably have more than enough, I still think it was a shame....

Problems??? Possibly or probably??? Eitherway I still feel bad for his daughter.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Heath & STRESS

Just showed brief clips of his Joker role in the new Batman film. SCARY :eek: performance geez!!! Stress, hard drug problem lack of sleep looking for some normalcy in his life :(

Heath appears wanted out of The Patiot film but stayed in the cast. They tried to cast him in the Spiderman lead, but he said no way!

Solid Citizen :(

Doh!

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
Lizzie, have you tried drinking brandy? That always made me a bit sleepy.

Brandy or Irish whiskey in a hot, decaf tea does the trick for me...

On Heath Ledger: accident or suicide, this is a terrible loss. He was an obvious talent and certainly didn't come across as a train wreck like certain other celebs these days. I know he did a stint in rehab, but I'd be shocked if this ends up not being a terrible accident.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I know I started to go off topic earlier. I just think it is a shame that some (media or others) don't remember that stars can suffer just like the rest of us. Life can takes it toll on anyone at anytime... for any reason. I fear that out of desperation, he took more than he was supposed to. Not to kill himself... but just to try and regain some sanity or sleep.

Donato

One of the Regulars
AmateisGal said:
And of course, someone is paying him to make those callous remarks. Disgusting.
It is all too easy for others to make these kinds of callous remarks without regard for the feelings of Heath's family and loved ones. He was a "celebrity" and therefore, not quite as human as the rest of us! What has happened to simple human compassion for the suffering of other people - all people - and celebrities are people? Why should anyone be surprised that this poor guy struggled with depression, anxiety or any of the other negative emotions that afflict common humanity?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
That stupid "church" is going to protest at his funeral. :rolleyes: A school bus drove off an overpass in Huntsville, Alabama, last year, and the fools planned on "protesting" at the funerals of the children (teens) who were killed. What is wrong with these people? Why torment the families of dead soldiers, children, and actors? What did Heath Ledger's family do to deserve that?

Donato

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
That stupid "church" is going to protest at his funeral. :rolleyes: A school bus drove off an overpass in Huntsville, Alabama, last year, and the fools planned on "protesting" at the funerals of the children (teens) who were killed. What is wrong with these people? Why torment the families of dead soldiers, children, and actors? What did Heath Ledger's family do to deserve that?
Where did you read about this? I'd like to know why any church wants to protest at his funeral - or as you said, any funeral? Churches are in the "business" of conducting funerals and comforting the sorrowful is one of the "spiritual works of mercy"!

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
It NEVER stops!

Last night the tabloid journals took a slight breather from Ms. Spears "problems" :eusa_doh: which appears to be the ONLY talent she has left (sic), to all things HEATH. Here is an actor that had real talent, but tired of the spotlight. Hmmmmmmm

Solid Citizen [huh]

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hondo said:
He was really good in Casanova, this is almost has bad (terrible loss) as River Phoenix’s death, what a waste of talent, greatly missed :(

I feel that it IS as bad as River Phoenix's death! I loved both of them and they were both such good actors. I too am in shock.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm