Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Barnstormer W/o Belt

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Hi, I'm getting ready to order a Barnstormer for winter and don't want to deal with the belt and don't want the loops on there for nothing looking orphaned. Has anyone ordered the Barnstormer without belt loops? Does it look right? Does it fit well without the belt? I am also considering ordering it with just two half-belts attached by buttons in the back. That way, I can have a belt but no ugly belt loops (my opinion). Thank you.

D

Deleted member 16736

I know they'll do it. I was hoping to get opinions from loungers about whether it would look and fit right.

Edward

Bartender
On the question of fit, I don't see why it wouldn't work without the belt; you'd end up with, in effect, a peacoat in leather, I believe. I'm sure Aero could also accommodate some sort of rear-belt arrangement. It would be worth your while emailling Amanda for further information on what would work.

D

Deleted member 16736

Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning in the direction of the belt, one way or another.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
The Mariner is essentially the Barnstormer without a belt. See if you like the look of the Mariner.

I would recommend getting your Barnstormer one size smaller, which is how I ordered mine. As the pictures on the Lounge attest, and as Will told me, the Barnstormer is very generously sized: I think that a Barnstormer in your standard size would look too big without a belt, with too much leather flapping around. (There was also a brief discussion of this about halfway through the Barnstormer thread.)

SPAMGHOD

New in Town
I'm very strongly considering the Shawl Collar Barnstormer. I have 3 questions, if someone wouldn't mind answering. First of all, what is a good dark brown color to order this in? Do you think Cordovan would work with this type of jacket? The other thing is, I'd like to order it longer than the standard length--like 3/4 length. I know it's heavy, would a vent in the back make it work or something else? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I'm very strongly considering the Shawl Collar Barnstormer. I have 3 questions, if someone wouldn't mind answering. First of all, what is a good dark brown color to order this in? Do you think Cordovan would work with this type of jacket? The other thing is, I'd like to order it longer than the standard length--like 3/4 length. I know it's heavy, would a vent in the back make it work or something else? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Here is the warning I alluded to in another recent post. My advice, as I mentioned also in the other post, would be this: if you like the look of the shawl collar, request a shawl collar but that the inner lining be of another (i.e. lighter) material, especially if you want it knee-length.

One other option to think about, is going with a half belt such as on this "Kreigsmarine" style jacket from another source (who I will not mention as, having dealt with them, I would not recommend them)

http://www.thebadwolf.com/dummydaylightfront3al.jpg

It's a loose belt across the back only, buttoned in the middle.
I asked Amanda some time back if Aero could do this with their "Barnstormer" design, and she noted it looked doable.
Still thinking about it.

Edward

Bartender
Jeff, that looks like a good option. That's certainly a mod I'd consider One day, I'd love to get myself a Barnstormer in brown FQHH, cut knee-length to be worn over a suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR