Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/Insurrection Dustbowl

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nah, it's dead easy. Once you remember that you have to pull the tip of the left-hand side firmly into the zipper, and you can see when it's in, it's just like any other zip. It's a really nice looking period-feel detail, so worth the fuss.

Nah, it's dead easy. Once you remember that you have to pull the tip of the left-hand side firmly into the zipper, and you can see when it's in, it's just like any other zip. It's a really nice looking period-feel detail, so worth the fuss.
I hate them, aside from the cool look. But I'm incredibly (shock coming) impatient. My Ventura has a dip too (not just the owner) and I dig it. I don't like a jacket long in the back. It works well and looks great.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I still have a problem with the US reverse-hand zip set-up, so I guess it just means a little more eye-narrowed, tongue sticking out in concentration. Slow learner ahoy! :D

wdw

One Too Many
For a 42, that's incredibly narrow in Aero-land. If you'd said 25", no-one would have raised an eyebrow.

How about your 38, Sloanie?

nabottle

A-List Customer
nabottle it's a beautiful jacket and if you're happy with it that really is the only thing that matters.

But whilst Aerophiles will tell you its the bees knees till the cows come home, if I was you I'd be asking myself am I happy with this length?

After all, this is intended to be a short fitting jacket. I don't mean to be unkind in any way - people should always be encouraged to share their photos and I am grateful to you for sharing yours - which is why I will give you my honest impression now at the risk of it being badly received. Buddy, IMHO, I think it's a few inches too long. At the front and back it should just about barely cover your belt, but it looks like yours has a few inches of overhang. Perhaps that's how you like it? In which case, nevermind me and my backside blowhole! Enjoy it
I 'm very happy with the length, actually. I know the "proper fit" for this jacket is somewhat shorter, but that doesn't matter to me. I was aware that Thurston Bros. ordered their jackets longer in the body and sleeves. The extra body length felt better for my taste, so I only had the sleeves shortened. I've never been one for conventional attitude any way.

schitzo

Suspended
(btw mr above take note of this gentleman's lovely dark denim vintage jeans and matching leather boots)

FTR I do have some shoes that would meet with your approval. I wear them for my own pleasure, or when I'm trying to get into some bird's knickers. You lot get crocs, trainers, flip flops etc.. :D

Maybe I am mistaken re length. This jacket doesn't look bad as it is, I just assumed that length was an Insurrection interpretation - as I thought this was supposed to be a shorter closer fitting style? That's how i remembered it from my trip to Galashiels. But some of those memories are a bit hazier now and I could of course be wrong about that. Maybe it is supposed to be a mid length jacket after all.

No matter, Nabottle likes it and that is the main thing. Good for you Nabottle, I'm glad what I think doesn't bother you, that's how it should be

wanz

One of the Regulars
Great looking jacket... I have a version in tumbled black en route. You've just made me a bit more impatient with your pictures!

Really like the jacket Nabottle!!!!
How long is the piece at the front bottom?
From the seam at about belt to bottom of the dip?
Thanks so much.
Cheers!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Can't add much more... gorgeous hide, fits you well. Have fun breaking it in but how you gonna do that living in Florida? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Worf

nabottle

A-List Customer
Can't add much more... gorgeous hide, fits you well. Have fun breaking it in but how you gonna do that living in Florida? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Worf
Worf, that is an Excellent question. Aside from some traveling, I guess I'll wear it indoors at home until it gets cooler. I've been breaking in my Lost Worlds Pea Coat mostly indoors at home for the last few months now. It's working great. Thanks for the positive input. I really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart