Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/Insurrection Dustbowl

nabottle

A-List Customer
I recently received my Dustbowl - Size 42. It's Brown FQHH with a MacKenzie Weathered Tartan Liner. I added a chest zip pocket and had the sleeves shortened a bit. Nothing too extreme, by any means. I would recommend Insurrection for the whole buying experience and Wade and Carrie are exceptional. Now we'll see how long this sucker lasts. By the way, it was very difficult for me to get an accurate photo of the depth of the leather. The first photo is the closest to the real appearance.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That is an exceptionally sharp looking jacket and fit. One can readily see the pattern illustrating the shorter back & longer front with the Dustbowl. I would love to see another picture with your DB zipped. Based on my Teamster, I can vouch that no picture does justice to the beautiful appearance and feel of the brown FQHH. Congratulations! :thumb:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks: The overall fit, including drape, body length, and sleeves appears optimal. You did well with this jacket.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Nabottle, beautiful jacket! If you don't mind my asking, what is the pit to pit measurement?

schitzo

Suspended
nabottle it's a beautiful jacket and if you're happy with it that really is the only thing that matters.

But whilst Aerophiles will tell you its the bees knees till the cows come home, if I was you I'd be asking myself am I happy with this length?

After all, this is intended to be a short fitting jacket. I don't mean to be unkind in any way - people should always be encouraged to share their photos and I am grateful to you for sharing yours - which is why I will give you my honest impression now at the risk of it being badly received. Buddy, IMHO, I think it's a few inches too long. At the front and back it should just about barely cover your belt, but it looks like yours has a few inches of overhang. Perhaps that's how you like it? In which case, nevermind me and my backside blowhole! Enjoy it

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
Lovely leather, just beautiful. Regarding my good friend above, I think what he means is fitted around and then longer over the hips is different, but that is the design of the model, and it doesn't look bad on you at all, having had their older Hercules model, which is as long as yours, I can confirm, like the sleeves on any jacket, the waist will bunch up with sitting and standing and look a bit more boxy and right. All good. Thanks for sharing. Love the back pleats. Congrats. (btw mr above take note of this gentleman's lovely dark denim vintage jeans and matching leather boots)

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Agreed, hose are proper jeans and boots ;)

(LVC 47s and Iron Rangers?)

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
As for length, I'm no expert on short HBs and admittedly like longer fits, but surely the back length here is pretty spot on being just below the belt. The front looks long because that's clearly the style of that particular jacket. In any event, a bit of wrinkling here and there means it won't get any longer and will only look even better.

As for length, I'm no expert on short HBs and admittedly like longer fits, but surely the back length here is pretty spot on being just below the belt. The front looks long because that's clearly the style of that particular jacket. In any event, a bit of wrinkling here and there means it won't get any longer and will only look even better.
That's my take. The front is longer. The back is perfect so I assume it fits just right. Without taking the bait, I'd say it's a winner. The hide looks great with that design too.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Looks perfectly fine to me. My DB is a size up from my usual, but the length is ideal for my needs.

Your jacket looks great, the brown horse hide really suits it.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I believe Sloan has the "hookless" zip that requires one to be especially careful to make sure that the zip is completely engaged before zipping up. Also, it seems apparent that the front dips significantly with both Nabottle's and Sloan's jackets, and the zippers in both jackets seem to have almost two inches of gap at the bottom. The point that I am trying to make is that I think the body length for both jackets is correct, and I am going to have to disagree with Schitz's take that Nabottle's jacket is several inches too long. I do realize that that there would be variance allowed for individual taste(s), and I would have no problem if Schitz wishes his jackets to fit shorter. However I think that Nabottle's and Sloan's DB's both have more than acceptable body length.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Apologies, I was focusing on the zipper rather than the grommets at the bottom. Both jackets have a significant dip at the front, that's one of the nicest features of it.

wdw

One Too Many
I like the detail at the bottom of the hookless one, but it sounds a bit scary to use. What say you, Mr Sloan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart