Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero/Insurrection Dustbowl

wanz

One of the Regulars
Nice. You have a great collection Wanz. I love both versions of this jacket that have been featured on this thread. I plan on getting a dust bowl at some point because of this thread. Thanks!

Thank you! I actually need to sell a few jackets. I am officially out of closet space and storing jackets on the bed in my guest bedroom seems like a temporary solution :)

looking good Wanz

I notice you're the same height as I am, which makes me wonder how long it is? I guess it's 25 - 25.5", am I warm?

Thank you and excellent eye! 25.5"

nabottle

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket, wanz! I like the angle of the chest pocket a lot. It has a very tidy look being parallel to the yoke. The fit looks excellent. Hopefully, you'll be getting more real wear out of it than I will in the next few months. It's so hot here, but I'm wearing it at home a little.

wanz

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket, wanz! I like the angle of the chest pocket a lot. It has a very tidy look being parallel to the yoke. The fit looks excellent. Hopefully, you'll be getting more real wear out of it than I will in the next few months. It's so hot here, but I'm wearing it at home a little.

Thanks! Unfortunately, we're into triple digits here in the metroplex. I'll need to plan some trips to cooler climes if I want to get any real wear before September / October. Oh the pains of being a coat addict in Texas (or Florida)!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
wanz, that is a great looking DB, including fit. Like Schitz, I also thought the back length would be about 25.5 inches. I also have a black vintage FQHH Aero (HWM). Like you, I live in the hot DFW metroplex and am also 6'2" although your torso appears to be longer than mine. Do you know offhand what the sleeve length of your DB is?

wanz

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the compliments. Fanch, the sleeve length is right at 27". During the order process Wade mentioned to me that their average customer is around 6'2" so the measurements on my order wound up being the same as their stock lengths (26" body / 26.75" sleeves). He did have me double check the measurements on one of my existing Aeros to confirm that would work.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks wanz, those measurements pretty much coincide with my "sweet spots" of 26.5" back and 27.5" sleeves (I have long arms), although with jackets such as the DB or 30's HB, a 25.5" back would be preferable because of the front dip on that particular style, as opposed to a 50's HB or HWM. In any case, the sizing of your DB appears to be dead on target, and no question that Wade and Carrie know what they are doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart