Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather

ChrisDW

New in Town
I’m not sure whether this sort of post is considered legitimate, but I just wanted to say that I popped into the Aero Leather factory in Galashiels today, and was completely blown away by the hospitality I was shown while there.

I had a fairly lengthy chat about what sort of jacket I was looking for (Vicenza cordovan highwayman), I was shown some options, tried a couple of jackets on, was then invited to go downstairs to be shown the various types of hide available, and then on to a tour of the factory floor. While I was there my new Aviation Leathercraft B-3 was also given a close inspection and the seal of approval...!

I’ve no idea whether this treatment is par for the course, but it was very welcome. All in all an incredibly positive experience with some very hospitable people. It makes the idea of parting with a fair chunk of cash for one of their jackets much more palatable. I left very impressed.

Mr Knight

Familiar Face
Sounds like business as usual for Aero. They could be very busy and still take the time to welcome you and show you around, along with giving you a one-to-one advice session in the showroom and answer any question you may have.

The most important thing that I always noticed is there’s no hard sell, sales tactics or push to get you to part with your cash. You feel like they want you to only buy the jacket that you’re perfectly happy with and if it’s not on the racks, they’ll make one from scratch for you.

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
I have my wife onboard for a family trip to Scotland, but what is my rationale/excuse for a side trip to Galashiels aside from buying ANOTHER leather jacket???

Roll2me

Familiar Face
I’m not sure whether this sort of post is considered legitimate, but I just wanted to say that I popped into the Aero Leather factory in Galashiels today, and was completely blown away by the hospitality I was shown while there.

I had a fairly lengthy chat about what sort of jacket I was looking for (Vicenza cordovan highwayman), I was shown some options, tried a couple of jackets on, was then invited to go downstairs to be shown the various types of hide available, and then on to a tour of the factory floor. While I was there my new Aviation Leathercraft B-3 was also given a close inspection and the seal of approval...!

I’ve no idea whether this treatment is par for the course, but it was very welcome. All in all an incredibly positive experience with some very hospitable people. It makes the idea of parting with a fair chunk of cash for one of their jackets much more palatable. I left very impressed.
I was there during the sale last year. Very hectic and crowded but they still spend time with customers to discuss and give advice. It’s really good customer service. If they can do that kind of service during hectic time, in your situation, I believe it’s business as usual

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have my wife onboard for a family trip to Scotland, but what is my rationale/excuse for a side trip to Galashiels aside from buying ANOTHER leather jacket???
It's a lovely drive/train journey from Edinburgh to Gala, with lots to see in the area - the stunning Melrose Abbey is just 10 minutes up the road for starters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB