Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero LHB in the house!

RLM

Familiar Face
Hey guys, been a while, other hobbies have taken precedence lately. My Aero LHB arrived back on June 29th and I've finally gotten around to taking a few pics. It was a long wait, I ordered it at the beginning of January. The pics are a little off, sorry for that, they were too dark to begin with so I had to play with the editing software to lighten them up a little, but nonetheless, they give a good representation I think. Being 95 degrees/60-90% humidity here for the last couple of months, with no end in sight, its been too warm to wear, but I can say the fit is amazing, though at this point still a little stiff. I ordered through Mark Moye and he was extremely helpful, making sure we got the correct size ordered. I ordered a 44R with an extra inch added to the length of the body (I'm 6'1") and also ordered it with the optional inside pistol pocket. I can't say enough about this jacket. Its absolutley gorgeous and with the brown Alpaca lining I'm sure it'll be warm enough for the majority of my Atlanta winter needs. I can only wear it about 5 minutes in the house with the A/C on 75 and then its gotta come off.

IMG_0005b.jpg

IMG_0006b.jpg

Parkpiper

New in Town
Congrats on your new jacket! Don't you just love the color, it is brown with almost a reddish hint mix in. I agree with you about the stiffness of the jacket. I have been wearing my new Hercules as much as I can in the house to try to begin the breaking in process but even after an hour or two of total wear it can still stand on it's own. Colder weather can not come on fast enough!

Sounds like the long wait was well worth it, have fun breaking it in!
Adam

RLM

Familiar Face
Hey Park, yep the color is amazing. I absolutely abhor winter, and the older I get the more I can't stand the cold, but I've actually been looking forward to it a little so I can finally wear this jacket.

andy richards

Practically Family
Congratulations with your Long Halfbelt, RLM. It sure will take some time to break it in and the more you wear it the better it will look. The Alpaca lining will certainly help to keep you warm in winter. Thanks for the pictures and don't forget to post some pics after winter ;) .
Andy

RLM

Familiar Face
Hey Havin, just saw your post on the new Cafe Racer in the works. Nice looking jacket. I'm thinking of ordering another Aero, but I think my wife would probably have an apoplexy! Its the standard brown FQH. I am really smitten with this color. Its also available in heavy steerhide.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great looking jacket - the hide looks very nice indeed. Enjoy the breaking in process. There is nothing quite like Aero FQH when it's broken, still heavy yes but nice and pliable, particularly when warm. Post some more pics when it gets there.

Cheers

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey RLM;

Great looking LHB!
Terrific looking Seth Thomas there also........quarter sewn oak around the face?
I've always liked the name Seth Thomas; seems like that should be the name of a leather jacket company. "And now showing Seth Thomas Leathers newest creation, the Long Half Belt in Front Quarter Heavy Horsehide, is RLM."

Best regards, coffee

Windward

Practically Family
AERO's brown FQHH is absolute the BEST - and your jacket looks great!
You will sure enjoy the breaking in process - and if its done you can feel
the wonderful leather - and as many of us know - particularly when warm!
Windward

Navin323i

Practically Family
RLM said:
Hey Havin, just saw your post on the new Cafe Racer in the works. Nice looking jacket. I'm thinking of ordering another Aero, but I think my wife would probably have an apoplexy! Its the standard brown FQH. I am really smitten with this color. Its also available in heavy steerhide.

Thanks for the compliment, RLM. I have some ideas to completely change up the look of the jacket and make it more unique but I need to speak to Will and Amanda first to see if my ideas are possible to implement. :)

You definitely picked a great color in the standard brown FQHH... enjoy it in the best of health, my friend. :)

Navin

RLM

Familiar Face
Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I could take credit for the jacket, but I can only hope that this approaching middle age, not so great body can do it justice!

Too Much Coffee, yes, ST No.2 w/trapazoid movement, quarter sawn oak, original glass and dial, made about 1907. When I get it adjusted right it'll go three months before I feel the need to reset it (about 1 minute off). But with a wooden pendulum rod, the temp and humidity fluctuations from season to season, even in an A/C house, cause it to be tricky to adjust that finely. Clocks, just another of my expensive hobbies! I'm just glad I usually pick one hobby at a time to concentrate on, otherwise I'd be in the poor house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff