Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero mistakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Now I'm dying for an Aero, probably a B3, and if that goes well, one of their Vest de Rallyes. From everything I've heard about Aero, they'll be who I order from.

The leather is beautiful, The stitching is good, the price is understandable considering the quality.

Now the only dilemma. Every second post or listing in the classifieds, and on eBay I have read, is in complaint of the sizing.

I really want to put that money out for their product, but is it going to fit? Is there a receptionist there that's so used to lying about her dress size that she screws up all the orders? Is there a difference between North American sizing, and European?

Set me at ease please.

JanSolo

Practically Family
As for the sizing difference: Standard off the rack clothing is considerably more generously cut for the North American market (I wonder why :) )and a T-shirt that's labeled M might fit like an L or even XL over here. I'm not joking. I had that with a couple of basic Lands' End T-shirts about a decade ago...:(

John Lever is the guy you should contact. He really knows a lot about Aero's sheepskin family and should be able to provide the desired infos concerning the size of your future B3. A simple member search should lead you to him.

The Veste de Rallye is a lovely jacket and was originally designed as a car coat and therefore provides a lot of room for layering. If you want that particular model to be trim fitting you should at least order one size down (probably even two sizes). But you will have to adjust the overall sleeve length then...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Chainsaw said:
Now the only dilemma. Every second post or listing in the classifieds, and on eBay I have read, is in complaint of the sizing.

I really want to put that money out for their product, but is it going to fit? Is there a receptionist there that's so used to lying about her dress size that she screws up all the orders? Is there a difference between North American sizing, and European?

Set me at ease please.

Not sure if that was put as tactfully or as balanced as it could have been, especially as AMANDA THE RECEPTIONIST as well as many other skills she has with the company, (of which, none is 'lying about her dress size!') is ALWAYS held in high regard by anyone who has had dealings with her. So, might I suggest that you deal directly with her at Aero, as SHE is the best person to guide and advise you.

May I also advise that you do not repeat verbatim what you've just printed in here, as they (and Amanda) might just take it as offensive. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR