Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Oil Pull Leather - please show pics!

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Hello!

After the usual month-long waiting time I have got my Aero A2 in their oil pull leather.

Now I am a little bit confused because their homepage shows this:

What I got looks like this:

The first two pics were taken with flash, so the true colour is darker (and so are the dark brown to nearly black spots and stripes all over the jacket).

Of course I have sent an e-mail to Aero (and I am sure I will get an answer soon).

But let me ask you:

Is this common with Aero oil pull leather ? How does your jacket with this hide look like?

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

thor

Call Me a Cab
Drastically different from an oil-pull Aero A-2 I had about 7 or 8 years ago. Mine looked more like the one in their website photos.
And I agree with Eggleman; I also have a sample of AL Mongolian HH which this Aero hide closely resembles.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Didn't aero change their oil pull a couple of years ago? I've read lots of comments saying the old stuff was great....I was thinking about a cafe racer in it....sadly, I'm not too keen on that hide just shown...looks quite strange....

53Effie

A-List Customer
image.jpg Mine is mid weight hide and is similar to yours but not so splotchy. It is from 2009.

pipvh

Practically Family
Aero just sent me some samples - one of them is the A2-weight oil-pull. Yes, it looks just like yours, Lungomare.

Dav

One Too Many
This is my Oil-pull, purchased last November, it has a couple of dark spots, but I don't really notice them when wearing it.

EDIT
A couple more in natural light, what there is of it.

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I recently sold a 2009 HWM in an oil pull midweight HH that I liked a lot. I bought a sale page one a few months ago which was like oiled suede and sent it back.

This looks slightly different again though.

New and old.

P1091226.JPG

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Thanks a lot for your esteemed comments and the pics!

Well, the hide is really of a very good quality, and it gives an extremely good feeling wearing it. Not too thick, not too thin.

After all the pics shown in this thread I think that this is the kind of the appearence of Aero's oil pull. The hide will break in quickly and then the spots and stripes won't blanketing anymore - hopefully.

BTW: Stitching and accuracy of sizing are spot on! Only plus/minus 1/4" deviance to the measurements I gave to Aero, only pit2pit is 1" bigger than I was told before ordering!

So I think, I'll keep it, don't know yet ...

Kind regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Good decosion, IMO. I really like it, though clearly it's not to everyone's taste. I'd have thought that with time to contrast will lessen.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good decosion, IMO. I really like it, though clearly it's not to everyone's taste. I'd have thought that with time to contrast will lessen.

+1 for a jacket like that an A-2, I think a bit of hide character adds to the overall look.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Johannes... Me? Personally... I think the hide is groovy. I dig that kind of "marbled" look. I think it's a jacket is good looking an unique. I'd certainly keep it and wear the hell out of it..

Worf

schitzo

Suspended
Hello!

After the usual month-long waiting time I have got my Aero A2 in their oil pull leather.

Johannes

Johannes, if you only have to wait a month I think there's a few of us who want to know your secret. Don't be shy!

As for the jacket, in those snaps I think the oil pull they've used looks pretty good like that. To my eye, it certainly looks more characterful than the one in the pic off the homepage, which I'd class as a plus

Any danger of some fit pics?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Johannes, if you only have to wait a month I think there's a few of us who want to know your secret. Don't be shy!

As for the jacket, in those snaps I think the oil pull they've used looks pretty good like that. To my eye, it certainly looks more characterful than the one in the pic off the homepage, which I'd class as a plus

Any danger of some fit pics?

That pic on the site is the actual jacket I bought from the sale page. It's nothing like the last swatch of oil pull I got from them, let alone my old oil pull HWM. It was very matte, oily, and unpleasant to the touch.

schitzo

Suspended
Capes are we definitely talking about the same jacket? His pic doesn't show properly on my screen but I assume he's talking about the hide used on this one http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=103
and that he was expecting the same kind of uniform finish.

Also, I'm not fully understanding the unpleasantness of the hide you had, as 'matte' and then 'oily' also, seems like a bit of a contradiction in my mind. Can you add to the description?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy