Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero on the waterfront reversable jacket

Damon B

New in Town
Not that i want one but im curious, seems a bit of a mad idea, how does it feel on with the leather on the inside and why would u want to?!!

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Maybe if the mob is after you and you have to change your appearance in a hurry. Otherwise, I've pondered that question myself while perusing the Aero website. Somebody (other than me) should write them and ask.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I'd be interested to see one. I do like the idea of the Waterfront wool as a lining, though I suspect on anything but a Winter jacket it would be a bit much. I have one of the Waterfront model, which reproduces the jacket Brando actually wore in the film (wool outer, black cotton drill lining). It's basically a heavy wool A2; I love it. If I was buying again I'd go up a size to facilitate layering, but it really is a cracking jacket.

breezer

Practically Family
I had one of these a few years ago - I eventually traded it at Aero for a cloth Waterfront - the reason being that it was fraction too small. The other problem I had with it was that for such a heavy jacket I found the popper fasteners were not a feature I liked - they let in too many drafts.

Having said that - I regret trading it as it was a very cool jacket - the design was superb and it looked amazing - especially when worn leather facing out - just not very practical - one day I am going see if Ken will make me an identical jacket, with a zipper, but not necessarily reversible. As a black leather jacket it was almost perfect.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
I had a "Blue Label" Jerky Horsehide one that I bought on ebay in a 44" for £175.... it was a HEAVY jacket and felt a little overdone as a reversible ( always felt like there was too much going on in the lining ) ... never wore it in the wool out configuration as the lining was a green and black check which was a little overpowering. Felt like a baseball jacket and a bit "blousey"

Sold it around 2007/8

If you like A-2's then you'd like this ... a cross between a baseball/hockey jacket abnd an A-2 IMHO

breezer

Practically Family
The one I had fitted better worn cloth side out so that was the way I tended to wear it - having a leather lining didn't seem weird at all. But as I mentioned above mine was a tad too small, but that wasn't a problem so long as the jacket wasn't buttoned up. Worn open it was very comfortable worn either way. I replaced it with a cloth Waterfront, that was custom made to fit with black Alpaca wool lining and its perfect. Though I do miss the old one. Basically a reversible jacket is slightly over engineered - you are probably better off with 2 jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24