Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premier 1930s Highwayman

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This should be an instant favorite with many customers.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2428

278545ca132cac7f_PremHigh%20front-500.jpg

685545ca14e98e28_PremHigh%20back-500.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'd know the premium would fit me so much better than the regular, but the regular one has a charm that's impossible to ignore.

IXL

One Too Many
I really like this style of cuffs, I just don't know if I would like to actually live with it on a jacket. I'm still wrestling with the idea of button-front jackets.

Edward

Bartender
I have similar cuffs on most of my Aeros. Never had a problem. They do open much easier with lighter hides or with cuffs that are single-thickness leather, but that's largely academic as I find I can slip my hands through easy enough without unfastening them. Don't know whether the "Premium Fit" will be different, though. Can't imagine I'll ever be slender enough for that to be a consideration, mind.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Button cuffs tend to be more an aesthetic consideration than anything. I got buttons on my Dust Bowl, and not once have I ever needed to unbutton the things to get my hands through.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Button cuffs tend to be more an aesthetic consideration than anything. I got buttons on my Dust Bowl, and not once have I ever needed to unbutton the things to get my hands through.

Same here, I've got button cuffs on my wool & horsehide and my grizzly. I've never had to undo 'em.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think this jacket looks very tasty. Love the cuffs and the slim cut. I remain ambivalent about the new "period" collars however. They seem a bit small. Nevertheless I'd buy one of these if I was looking for a new jacket. But it's not really a Highwayman to me. The factors that made a jacket a Highwayman - the boxy cut and the cuffs are missing so the vibe is totally different to me. Nice but different. I'm assuming this will fit like a 1930's half-belt?

I agree with you Seb. I like the jacket, but it is really a new style. I recently had a Highwayman jacket that I turned around. The cut of that style isn't for me, but this one...hmmmm, maybe.

It was a size 34! Fit great, but I like a dip in front, and even though the chest was my size 21" across, with the cinches at the bottom it proofed out and made me look big. The great thing about sizing down was that the sleeves weren't as bulky. I think that adding an inch or so would do the job in the length (as most people do), but I much prefer the less boxy cut of the 30's style. The jacket we had was way too big for me though at a size 42. My Goodwear is just the fit I like, and I think these "premium cuts" look very similar.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mike - sizes mystify me. The 42 halfbelt was tight but it did fit. A 44 fits better. But Wade at Insurrection says that I need a 38 in a (traditional) Highwayman, go figure.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mike - sizes mystify me. The 42 halfbelt was tight but it did fit. A 44 fits better. But Wade at Insurrection says that I need a 38 in a Highwayman go figure.

If I remember correctly, 38 in a HWM has about a 23" chest and 18.5-19" shoulders. It runs like a 42.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Would you gentlemen care to post some pictures of you in your HWM sized down 2 sizes? I wear a 38 in most of my jackets and with a 38 in my HWM and I think it looks fine. Wonder how it fits when sizing down 2 sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ