Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero re-lining job. What do you think?

Doublegun

Practically Family
Sent my LHB back to Aero to have the common riding lining replaced with cotton drill, hoping to make the jacked a little more versatile in the late spring and early fall. Turn-around was great - about six weeks. However, I am more than a little disappointed with the result. The new lining ends right at the edge of the bottom of the jacket - it will surely wear and fray. The lining actually extends beyond the end of the leather on the sleeves.

You tell me, am I being overly sensitive?

Bottom of body of jacket:

P7180013.jpg

Sleeves:

P7180016.jpg

P7180015.jpg

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
on two of my aeros the lining was initially sticking out a bit, but with wear it has retracted and isn't visible any more, possibly due to the creases in the fabric that come over time.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Looks like a good job to me. The lining seems to extend for only a couple of millimeters. I had that on several NEW Aeros and it didn't compromise the durability at all. I always admire how Aero use the original stitch holes. I wouldn't be bothered...

shortbow

Practically Family
I agree with the other guys. My bet is they did it that way on purpose, so that as you wear it and the cotton shrinks and takes up, the lining won't pull the jacket out of shape over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic