Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero "Real Deal" Anniversary" 42-15142-P size....

I'm looking into placing an order for a Anniversary" 42-15142-P, and wondering about sizes.
I take a size 44 mens jacket....also a size 44 Highwayman fits comfortably.
I have a bit of a muscular build....relatively broad back/shoulders.
Not sure if I should be going up a size to a 46 or stay with a 44 with this A-2 design.
Asked Amanda...sounds, based on arm pit to arm pit measurements of other jackets I have, that I am a bit between sizes.

Suggestions?

JanSolo

Practically Family
The A2 is not intended to be worn with much layering. Shirt, Polo-shirt or thin single ply sweater...nothing thicker! If you stick to that rule a size 44 will fit. The 42-... contract is by far the most generous fitting A2 Aero offers. Have you also considered the Bronco? It's slightly trimmer on the body but also offers a lot of room for your shoulders and a bit more body length, plus it's not that blousy on the back...

tonypaj

Practically Family
I have that exact jacket at that exact size. Like Jan says, it is cut short, which I like, and is generous in the mid section, which is not relevant to me either way, really. The shortcoming of the jacket is the chest, which may feel awkward to some. I wear size 42 suit jackets, have both 42 and 44 jackets from Aero, but would never think of getting a 42 in this contract.

The A-2 is the most difficult fit of all jackets, they are just hard to explain unless you get to try them on. I'd also agree with Jan about looking at other models and making the choice then.

I have the Aero Bronco A2 in capeskin. It's a size "52" label. That jibes with what Jan says. My newest Aero is a 48. Another (HG-5) is a 50.
Of course tags are tags, and only a starting point, but the Bronco is really sweet. I also love the 42-15142-P too - as one for more casual/layering times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart