Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's Ken Calder on a Life in Leather

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks, Sloan.

Most of those Scots on the program are fairly easy to understand, but I have heard some that were most difficult. A friend of ours is Scottish through and through. She is easy to understand, but then she has been in this country for over 40 years.

Her parents come to visit once a year for a couple of weeks. Her father is totally indecipherable. Neither my wife nor I can understand a word he says. Our friend can understand him, or at least she pretends to. Her mother doesn't even try to make herself understood.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for posting mate!

I grew up next door to Scots from Edinburgh and two of my closest friends over the years have been Scots, one whose family emigrated from Glasgow and the other from Aberdeen. Oh, and my wife's ancestry is clan Gunn, highlanders. The accent ( or accents, given regional variations) flow beautifully in my ears!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Sloan.

Most of those Scots on the program are fairly easy to understand, but I have heard some that were most difficult. A friend of ours is Scottish through and through. She is easy to understand, but then she has been in this country for over 40 years.

Her parents come to visit once a year for a couple of weeks. Her father is totally indecipherable. Neither my wife nor I can understand a word he says. Our friend can understand him, or at least she pretends to. Her mother doesn't even try to make herself understood.

If we're talking indecipherable, try this:

Edward

Bartender
Ken Calder, in his own, quiet way is probably one of the most rock and roll people I've ever encountered. I really, really wish he'd write an autobiography, it'd be utterly captivating. I discovered a while back that Ken's really quite knowledgeable on punk rock (as well as a bit of a Clash fan as I recall) - apparently back in the Thrift Store days, if the shop filled up with people who were obviously only there waiting for the bus on a wet day, he used to crack out the PIstols and crank the volume to clear the shop. :D

https://planetradio.co.uk/borders/l...ry-biopic-bohemian-rhapsody-opens-at-cinemas/
Here's some more in written form, including a handy tip on how to skip the eight-week waiting list: just tell Aero you're making a movie, they'll make you a jacket in 48 hours:)

Well, depending on how persuasive you are, that might work once.... ;) (I hear a lot of footwear companies threaten to make only one shoe of a pair as a sample if they think someone is just trying to get a cheap pair of custom shoes! ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21