Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Found what I assume to be a vintage akubra. Description said the plainsman it is unlined the logo looks older. Who can give me a decade??
sa7087212723-ch_zps288bd0c8.jpg

sa9212457723-ch-thumb_zps61632926.jpg

robinsojonathan

New in Town
Can anyone help me idenitfy an akubra hat worn by tv personality les stroud in his australian outback episode season 3 episode 5?
Would post photos of it but can't seem to upload any photos.
Thanks

new2hats

A-List Customer
Am thinking of buying an Akubra. Are they heavy, esp like the Wentworth, Kiandra, Burke and willis or Stylemaster? bought a palm leave cowboy hat but cant wear it because it makes my neck hurt; seems very heavy.

DougC

Practically Family
Wow-I wore a palm leaf hat all day and had no issues. maybe you should contact one of the shops and ask how heavy the hats you are looking at in your size.

new2hats

A-List Customer
Wow-I wore a palm leaf hat all day and had no issues. maybe you should contact one of the shops and ask how heavy the hats you are looking at in your size.

Thanks. Just concerned because I hear grinding in my upper cervical spine with rotation movement, and also my dad had degeneration of his upper cervical spine requiring surgery. Just wanna be sure that hats dont contribute to any extra neck compression, and I want to be able to wear them into old age.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Here is my fawn Akubra Snowy River. Almost a year ago, I bought it used off eBay for sixty dollars, and a few months ago, I put a new hatband onto it, in the style of The Man With No Name band.

28bfd953-92d6-4830-b73b-52070177d3d6_zpsf2f31380.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails