Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

carranty

One of the Regulars
Strange though - at a car dealership last year I was wearing my acorn Stylemaster and got an Indy comment. Go figure.

Lol, I get Indy comments from time to time and I wear a silverbelly open road - different color, different ribbon, different crease!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am sure all of us fedora wearers are gonna get the Indy comment at some point by people that have no clue why we wear what we wear. Those poor souls. They may never know the joy of the fedora:(

g.durand

One Too Many
They may never know the joy of the fedora:(

Agreed !

This is pure joy. Campdraft in Moonstone:
IMG_2787_zpsc68bc20a.jpg

Ranbro

New in Town
I recently purchased a Moonstone Squatter from David Morgan and have been thinking of having the 3" brim trimmed to 2.5" and bash it fedora style or have the brim pencil curled a la gambler style for a different look. What do you think?

elveston

Familiar Face
Ranbro, I've got a Squatter that I put a teardrop or C bash in. I left the brim at 3 inches, but I like a broader brim. I think it looks very good. Check out the Bushman, too. Akubra has added another color. A very nice, larger and softer fedora.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
If open roads weren't already abundant on my shelves I would definitely get a campdraft. Nice color options too. I never see them on eBay, which I view as a testament to their quality.

If it's curl you want, nobody has a more diverse and well executed repertoire than Mike Moore at buckaroo hatters, IMO.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe

Like so many of my Akubras, this Moonstone is a real chameleon. Inside the house in typical lighting it appears a medium gray. Outside, in the sun, there are hints of blue. I'd have a difficult time telling what color the fedora is in this photo if I didn't know. Interesting thing - the towel and the Spiny Oyster are the true colors, so this is how the Moonstone color appears to the lens of the camera.

The Fed is shown with a Tommy Singer bolo.

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
I just ordered my second Silver Spur from EA. The BOTP is no longer on the site or I'd order one of those too. My first Silver Spur is starting to show some age. Almost a year old and is surviving it's first Iowa summer. Getting some slight salt marks and sweat stains. Along with some other dirt and such from working in the yard, playing gigs, exploring, hiking and fishing and such. It's seen a few heavy rains and a lot of light mists along with some ice and snow last winter. It's just starting to look good. I'll wear the new one a while to break it in a little and then put it away to wear later after my first one retires. That should be a good long while I'd say. With some cleaning and shaping it'd be brand new but I wouldn't dare. It's an Akubra. I want to let it live the way it wants to live. Someday it'll sit on a shelf and I can pick it up once in a while and remember all we went through together.

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
After reading my last post I do want to say that my Silver Spur is not all beat up and worn out. I just happened to notice some signs of wear. I don't want to make the impression that Akubras wear out quickly. I wear my hats hard and this one is just starting to look "not factory fresh". It actually took more than I thought it would considering my constant wear and heavy use in the outdoors. That really says a lot about the toughness of these hats. That is why I ordered a spare.

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
My second Camp Draft just arrived and this time I ordered from Everything Australian, which meant I had to bash myself .. Phew.. Much harder than I thought! Still not all that even .. That said, still my favourite hat that Akubra do!

jimjr

New in Town
Gentlemen, I'm new and am developing Akubra fever. I've read about some shrinkage over time of Akubras. When ordering should one order a size larger or am I worried over nothing?

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gentlemen, I'm new and am developing Akubra fever. I've read about some shrinkage over time of Akubras. When ordering should one order a size larger or am I worried over nothing?

I have two Campdrafts and I ordered my size (57) with both of the hats and they were both big initially but after some sweat and wear they fit nicely. I am waiting on a Fed IV to arrive and I was told by the folks at Hats Direct and confirmed their answer on the lounge that the Fed IV runs slightly small so I chose to order up a size and I think It will conform nicely as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran