Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

jkingrph

Practically Family
I have several of the Campdrafts, two in silverbelly. One has classic center dent, the other a teardrop pinch. I sweat so bad I cannot see wearing felt here in E. Texas, especially with the humidity we have. This time of year it is a straw fedora with a heavily ventilated crown.

rogerstg

A-List Customer
I have several of the Campdrafts, two in silverbelly. One has classic center dent, the other a teardrop pinch. I sweat so bad I cannot see wearing felt here in E. Texas, especially with the humidity we have. This time of year it is a straw fedora with a heavily ventilated crown.

I hear you about felt in hot humid weather. But, I've found that removing the liner give me more wearable days in the summer. Yesterday it was in the low 80s with 70+% humidity and I was not uncomfortable in my Resistol 3X conversion. If the liner is glued in, I use the back of a heated spoon to heat the glue area and carefully peel the liner from the glue.
When the cooler weather arrives, I simply place the liner back in. The sweatband holds it in place just fine.

Roger

APP Adrian

A-List Customer
I was wearing my FED IV deluxe in moonstone in mid 80s weather. I was cooler overall with the hat then without it even though I was sweating more on my forehead. I also wear shoes, pants, and a long sleeved shirt. Only my hands are directly exposed.

In short, hats whether felt or straw keep you cooler than going bareheaded. Just make sure to cover the rest of your body and you should be golden.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Wow just got my 2 Fed IVs from Trudy at the Hattery !!! Just 11 days after shipment

300374b27d0c234a3590f8cd7686da20.jpg
ae40d0c017dd249689542c5708b796e9.jpg
8864eb35ca97dc60d67aaf035b7a6ae0.jpg
55736901721e8869b4957ac67b16b998.jpg
989308ec2c624e3d80cfe97df9687f43.jpg
7da8cee173a01ab123317f3e9ef62cb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
YOU! TWO??? What? One ain't good enuff...? Lol. Bet you're havin fun now! Whats the grade and color of brown one? is it Tawny Fawn or Regency Fawn? THAT IS MY NEXT HAT!

Last edited:

McQ7

New in Town
These really are not the good pictures that I was hoping to be posting, but I guess they illustrate well enough...

Federation III. I'd still be wearing this hat if it could take it, but sadly I had to retire it in favor of my Federation IV. It was abuse on my part and I take full responsibility for it - won't happen again with the Fed IV. I don't think I could take it.

Akubra_8.png
[/IMG]
Akubra_3.png
[/IMG]
Akubra_2.png
[/IMG]
Akubra_15.png
[/IMG]

I've been trying to find more pics of the Fed III, and that top pic on the lampshade is absolutely the best one I've come across! There are so many pics of the Fed IV out there, but search for the Fed III and it's like crickets chirping and the tumbleweeds blowing by. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy