Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
Yep, thanks Bob!! I'm relieved to see it's a light color, like in their ad. Gorgeous hat!

I'm gonna go nuts waiting until July to get mine.

No problem, gents. I'm always happy to contribute a little something to the lounge when I have a chance. I surely do take a lot of useful info and opinions from it.

The heritage seems "browner" than the tawny to me, but it's not a dark brown. I think you'll like it, Scott.

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
New Fawn Capricorn...I know it's got it's own review thread, but it's an Akubra!

Caprigrill2.jpg

Caprigrill.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Wait a second -- I thought it was the "Professor" and Mary Ann...;) :D
Cheers,
JtL
Thanks, but I'm not smart enough to be a Professor. Now that I think of it, "Professor" was the only male on the show that never wore a hat, so far as I know. And, if he was really smart, he would've figured out a way to boot the other guys of that island.
jpbales said:
"fleet admiral" would be the correct rank ;)
Thanks JPBales...I'd rather be a Top in the FMF though...well, maybe...but no tugs there ;)

TopGumby said:
New Fawn Capricorn...I know it's got it's own review thread, but it's an Akubra!
And, that's why it fits right in here TG. Looks great. Hope the burgers came out good. :eusa_clap

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
barra063 said:
Hi all.

I Have been lurking around for a few weeks now and have just successfully registered. I have a reasonable collection of Akubras and am now waiting on my mid grey stylemaster to arrive. I will more than likely add a silver belly campdrafter to the collection very soon. To date I have .

1. Black stoney creek.
2. Sand Outback club.
3. Fawn cattleman.
4. Deep fawn squatter.
5. Sombrero
6. R.M.
7. At least 3 Slouch hats or KFF with a mix of old a new style pugaree's.

Thanks for all the Pics of people actually wearing their hats as it makes purchasing a new one online so much easier if you have a more visual reference of colour and how it looks on a head.

Back to surfing the threads.

Barra

Welcome to the Lounge Barra, sounds like you'll be right at home here mate!

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone

Another one of my Fed IVs showed up today - Moonstone. One more to arrive (Carbon) and I'll have all the shades in Standard. Not sure if I'll be an Admiral like Goose, but I'll at least have a decent collection :)

As with my other shots, the background and lighting has been kept consistent for comparison purposes.

3564136095_694a988e8b_b.jpg

3564954260_7b33fc690c_b.jpg

You can really see in this shot what a chameleon the Moonstone is, many shades of grey...

3564138339_aa90d1dbb1_b.jpg

And for context the obligatory "I'm incredibly pale" shot...

3564135069_00102bc96f.jpg

Cross posted with the "New Hats" thread.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
FurFeltFedora said:
Another one of my Fed IVs showed up today - Moonstone. One more to arrive (Carbon) and I'll have all the shades in Standard. Not sure if I'll be an Admiral like Goose, but I'll at least have a decent collection :)

I dig this consistent background thing you have going on, tripleF.

Excellent work on the creasing. I don't make thin front pinches - not to say that I would not wear one though ;). That wavy brim looks like it will age well once it hits some precipitatation :eusa_clap.

I'm sure the 'Admiral' will approve!

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
Thanks CRH, I find all the Feds look better after a little wind, rain and sweat. I've already got the Black one, but I haven't had a chance to post the pictures - soon. When the Carbon comes and I'm all done I'll do a shot of all five for comparison plus some of the differences I've noticed - some are quite radical from one to the other.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
FurFeltFedora said:
Thanks CRH, I find all the Feds look better after a little wind, rain and sweat. I've already got the Black one, but I haven't had a chance to post the pictures - soon. When the Carbon comes and I'm all done I'll do a shot of all five for comparison plus some of the differences I've noticed - some are quite radical from one to the other.

Great photos and looking forward to the carbon and moonstone comparisons. :)

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
FurFeltFedora said:
Love that Moonstone, FFF...that's next on my list. Hopefully in a Campdraft!

stibbons

New in Town
FurFeltFedora said:

Woah, once again some excellent pictures. I've been thinking about getting a moonstone Fed IV for a little while now, and you've just sealed the deal. Thanks! :)

Luckily hatsdirect's bricks and mortar store is only a couple of hours drive out of Sydney, so I should be able to head out there next week. Sounds much less painful than three weeks waiting for international mail.

barra063

Familiar Face
OK. Again bare with me while I experiment with photo uploading.

L-R. Cattleman, stoney creek, outback club and Sombrero that has a sort of teardrop bash.
akubra2.jpg

L-R. Australian Army Slouch hat with current rising sun badge, Airforce Slouch hat with old version of the Airforce pugaree and then hat with new "Airforce blue" pugaree and RM.
akubra1.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
FurFeltFedora said:
...When the Carbon comes and I'm all done I'll do a shot of all five for comparison plus some of the differences I've noticed - some are quite radical from one to the other.

This should be interesting. Comparison and contrast photos are my favorite.

barra063

Familiar Face
Cattlemanside.jpg

The hat band is not the standard band that comes with the Cattleman. This is one I made myself by plaiting roo lace.

cattlemanfront.jpg

RMside.jpg

The RM has a crown a tad over 5 inches, the felt is really soft yet holds it's shape. This is fast becoming my favourite.

RMfront.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
barra063 said:
Cattlemanside.jpg

The hat band is not the standard band that comes with the Cattleman. This is one I made myself by plaiting roo lace.

The RM has a crown a tad over 5 inches, the felt is really soft yet holds it's shape. This is fast becoming my favorite.

Thanks.

I have a Cattleman on my short list. Nice to see a worn one.

That RM has a classic tall style about it. I can see why it's favored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore