Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra porkpie

schanop

New in Town
Thank you for your good words J.T. The Fedora turned porkpie seems is still working well for me. I have been wearing it regularly along with the Fedorations.
As it is at the moment, it is fairly similar to the Akubra rap/Akubra jazz, with the main difference being an unbound 2.5" brim as oppose to bound ~2" brim.

@scotrace, I have tried on the rap/jazz in person. It's nice. The felt however is in the same range of stiffness (which also varies widely) as other pre-crease Akubra hats. I have touched some (on the shelf) that are very soft and some that are very stiff, but that's probably due to frequency of customer handling of the hats as well.

After having been wearing wider brim hats for the past few months, I have grown accustom to the size of the brim now. :)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Chanop,

The Fed as porkpie turned out very nice, and it "fits" you well! Very good job on adapting a hat to your own style. :eusa_clap

J.T., no need to be so modest. Your own posts about porkpies, along with Bolthead's, sparked an interest in me as well. :) Chanop's style, though, helps show that porkpies come in different flavors--one only needs to chose.

Cheers,
Tom

schanop

New in Town
Thank you again every one for the comments. I once said that I was going to look for a picture of Fred Astaire wearing a porkpie. I think I have one but never got around to scan it. However, Will of A Suitable Wardrobe, who is also Art's customer, recenty posted a picture of Fred wearing a porkie.

astaire.jpg

Very nice and thank to you, Will.

Chanop

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^I saw that picture of Astaire that Will posted today and it's just about single-handedly changed my (generally negative) view of porkpies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick