Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wareings Irvin

This electrically wired Irvin was made by Wareings of Northampton. It dates to 1939-40 and is made of really soft close pile fleece. It is 100% original, but lacks the label and elastic strap. The zips are single trunnion Dots and retain their leather pulls. Sadly it is a little small for me to wear, but a really nice collectable.

012-34.jpg

013-33.jpg

028-11.jpg

031-11.jpg

015-34.jpg

017-23.jpg

019-21.jpg

020-21.jpg

024-14.jpg

026-17.jpg

Andyboy

New in Town
Andrew,
very nice example of an electrically heated Irvin!! I always enjoy looking at the pictures of your great collection of original Irvins. Hope to get my first original before this winter ends!!

marc-joachim

New in Town
hello andrew, yes the weather in france is just awfully perfect to wear my original irvin! 30 minutes motorbike trip to my office. So: the jacket, a royal navy white turtle neck sweater (wtih a "tootal" polka dot burgundi scarf) over my working dress...and let's go!!!
i'll try to post some picture under the snowy eiffel tour.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IRVIN AIR CHUTE IRVIN

Here is a great example of a pre-War Irvin Air Chute-made jacket that I has recently been restored. The hem and cuffs have been replaced using fleece from a pre-War donar jacket. As you can see it has all the distinguishing features of this maker, square collar, medium-sized belt loops and collar rings, nine under-arm vent rings and another sign of quality a reinforced belt prong housing! It would equate to a Wartime size 5 and has decent long arms and the typical brass single trunnion Dot zips.

006-32.jpg

003-28.jpg

007-31.jpg

002-28.jpg

015-35.jpg

019-22.jpg

022-18.jpg

020-22.jpg

024-15.jpg

marc-joachim

New in Town
Apart from Paddy and me, is anyone else wearing an original Irvin this winter? I have worn an Irvin almost every day since November with the exceptionally cold weather in the UK.

this the 3 irvins i'm wearing every day ]during this winter in Paris. i think andrew might recognize some of them...
happy new year to all the wolves in sheep skins.
DSC_0026.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany