Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allow me to present a toast(er)

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Picked this little jewel up at a 2nd hand store a while back. It makes toast much quicker than a modern one, and has the advantage of being able to customize your order by using one side for lightly toasted to the other side for
the "Oh my God, it's charcoal" lovers. And, it's a lot easier to clean too.

july8th013.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Does it have the original cord, or did you rewire it? Does it do both sides of the toast at once?
Just today I was in an antique shop that had a little section of assorted vintage toasters, & they were quite appealing. Just a matter of choosing, I suppose.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Instructions for building a piece of toast ( or two ).

Yes, it has the original black and white cloth-covered cord and plug. You don't often find the cords serviceable due to their age, but this one appeared to be new and unused; new old stock???
To toast both side of a piece of toast, you simply wait until the side facing in toward the heating element has toasted that side to your satisfaction, then swing the side-door away ( it's hinged at the bottom ) until it's horizontal and the piece of toast will slide down the door,toasted side down so when you return the door to it's original position it will now toast the other side. I think it's one of those, "you had to be there" kind of things that are easy when you see it, but hard to describe.
As for price. Here in the Los Angeles area you see them for an average of $20.00. Believe it or not I much prefer it to anything on the market now.
Good Luck
Frankie. PS You've got a great website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy