Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing Dresses

MagsRags

New in Town
Thank you for the lovely compliments on the art deco dress, ladies! You have great taste - I think it is my personal favorite out of all my stock. It will be on display at an exhibition of art deco memorabilia in Newport Oregon in August, unless it sells first, of course.

I'm a long time lurker here, joined a few months ago, and have been meaning to jump into the conversation, so this seemed like a perfect opportunity.

Regarding the hat to coordinate.... I'd be tempted to try to pair it up with the hat shown in my avatar/logo. It's in my personal collection - I purchased it from an antique shop in the mid 1970s, and acquired Jeanette, the plaster display head around the same time. Anyway, the colors are right, but the hat is a bit later era wise and maybe a bit too exuberant. I think a cloche would be ideal, maybe with a small brim and deco touches. A quick search of VFG members for possibilities turned up this from pastperfect
pastperfectcloche.jpg

And this from dorotheascloset
dorotheasturban.jpg

I think I love hats almost as much as dresses. And shoes! Don't get me started...

texasgirl

One Too Many
Welcome! How funny you saw the post :)

Last weekend I tried on a brown dress at an antique mall and had fun playing with hats to match. I don't wear much brown, but it was real pretty. It had little orange and ivory flowers with bits of green. Anyway, I tried all these brown hats with it and none of them looked right. Then I tried an orange and then taupe and it was fabulous! So maybe a coordinating color instead of brown? And I really think a cloche would look good.

I like this one at Dorthea's, but it's hard to match not seeing the dress in person, or the hat's for that matter. I guess that's why I tend to stick with black
101_6975.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful things! I just hopped over to PastPerfect and I would buy out their 20s/30s section if I could. I thought this Hattie Carnegie suit had MissHannah written all over it:

1950sbluecarnegiesuit.jpg

and from another site I loved this 40's jacket (though the mannequin's arms are too long for it!):

103_5902.jpg

MagsRags

New in Town
I love cloches, but unfortunately, I have a big head - I wear a men's 7 1/4, so it's rare to find a cloche that I can even get on, let alone wear without making my eyes pop.
lol
Imoldfashioned, pastperfect always has great stuff, and I love her photographs. And that 40s coat with the gold embellishment? Faints.

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Can someone here please buy this dress!

Oh how I wish that I

1. could afford this baby and 2. Had the figure to suit it:

Clicky here.

It's a listing on eBay and I'm looking for something to wear for my Vintage Glamour themed Hen's day in a couple of weeks.

It deserves a good home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80