Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Awesome Raincoat US M1938

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I purchased one of these from WPG a few weeks back
http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=70&bc=no

I was tired of the traditional trench like a Burberry soaking through in a NYC downpour and my suit jacket getting wet. I looked for a real Mac but they are nearly impossible to find in the USA. The reason why I wanted an authentic Mac was the rubberized canvas being truly waterproof. I stumbled on this raincoat totally by chance when looking at WPG's site.

I've worn this now in several heavy rains and I highly recommend it. It is very heavy duty and will not soak through due to being rubberized. The canvas is more of a tan than the olive in the picture. I'd also recommend ordering one size larger if you intend on wearing a blazer underneath. I'm a 44" and I ordered an Xl. The length is just below the knee and I'm 5'9". There is a back cape and it breathes just fine despite being rubberized. The coat is very heavy duty and definitly requires some breaking in especially with the buttons, there is a double buttoning feature, so even though it looks single breasted there is actually an overlap in the front. Truly worth every penny.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Havn't noticed it yet, it is ventilated fairly well but we havn't had warm weather here yet, most likely if I wore this in the summer I would only wear a shirt under it just because it is not a light garment, I have an original despatch coat and it is not that heavy but still quite substantial. This is perfect for heavy rain in cold/chilly climes. Not for those that like a loose flowing duster type trench, this will take anything you care to throw at it and it still looks good. I work in a bank and have already gotten the "wow wear did you get that?" comments. Has a bit of a snappy look to it actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925