Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An invitation

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I don't know if this is the proper forum for inviting everyone in the SoCal area to the Vintage Expo but if you are interested in hats it would be a great experience. It's held at the Santa Monica Civic Center on Saturday and Sunday with a ticket being good for both days. I'm leaving early in the morning for the travel day & hope to see everyone there again. BTW..there are some pretty nice cocktail lounges close by....not that I have partaken..umm

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
I'll see you there.

Joseph, please take a few pictures if you can. I'd love to see what one of those things are like. Unfortunately, we don't have vintage expos around here.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Had a fun time at the vintage Expo.
Met with Art and bought a hat from him. and sold some of my own hats to him.

I also picked up a cool palm tree tie and a handkerchief.

My friend Becca found a 40's wedding dress for her upcoming ceremony.

Pictures are on the way.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You

Didn't per chance buy a Stetson WIDE OVAL gray hat in 7 3/8?!?!??!?

I had planned to ship the hat to MK, but after consulting with Art, (he's met MK) we decided it was too big. Wide Oval on me allows me to stick an index finger on each side of the sweatband while it's on my head...kinda like a hat on sideways...just an exageration...

Good! I'd also love to hear a post on another topic regarding suits and other vintage stuff.

Glad you had fun. I plan on going to the one in SF I believe in March...

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
If all goes as planned my wife and I will be there too Andy. We will try and visit Arts shop on Monday morning before we head back to Oregon.

regards fedoralover

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Didn't per chance buy a Stetson WIDE OVAL gray hat in 7 3/8?!?!??!?

Nope, it was a rough fur Dobbs in brown with a wind string.

I also picked up a fur felt ladies hat from the 40's that one of the vendors had on display. Navy blue with a wide brim and the name of a store in france where it was bought. Something for the future wife.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It was a pleasure doing business with you Matt, I had a great time at the show which was added to when I turned around and saw MK looking at my hats!!! He returned early to be there and I am sure was very successful. A few other "Loungers" attended also and was a blast.
:cool:

Koreana

Familiar Face
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow "lounger". To be honest Art, getting that hat is a curse. Chamorro will not leave me alone... He's trying to get that hat any way possible! Until next time.

Best Regards,
Jun

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
hmmm Koreana, come to think of it, both my first AND second wives mentioned something about a curse...
A solution for Chamorro....just do what i do with my kids, just stand on a chair ( to get up there) & smack him. )

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Neat thing about this brown hat I bought from you Art is that it has a resizing device under the leather band labeled with a sticker that says TRUSIZE, it is patented.

There is a lace type string running all the way around under the leather and in the back the two ends meet and stick out with an adjustable metal clip hooked to them. It is encrusted with a green growing substance of some sort, after I clean it I might just tighten the hat a little bit.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Here are the hats we bought from Art:

Baphy_stetson.jpg

MK_stetson25.jpg

Mine is a forties era Stetson 25 with a Cavanagh edge.

It was the best experience that I have ever had buying a vintage hat. I walked in, tried it on and bought it. Art is a great guy to do business with. That is a far cry from my e-bay adventures.

Enjoy!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
HEY ART!

Where did MK's Hat come from?!?!?!?!?

I didn't see it at the shop! He's my size. Dang it all....that is a beautiful hat!!!

Oh, wait....you have about 600 hats in your store (the attic, the vault, the display rack, the storage box, the hall shelves, and the hat room).

No wonder I missed it!!!

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
In the voice of Homer Simpson: Ummmmm Vintage Hats drool, drool drool!

As soon as I get settled in Vegas, it's Road Trip time to see Art's shop. My credit card will be smoking like a low flying Blue jet during San Fran fleet week :) :D :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay