Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another RMC J-100 Thread - Am I obsessed?

el_gato

Familiar Face
Hey guys,
I finally did it. Bought an RMC J-100. When I received the jacked, I found a small scuff in a shoulder seam area (pics attached). Kinda looks as if the seam got hammered slightly too harsh during production.
Contacted the seller and was offered a discount of 15% or to get another jacked shipped from japan. Any advice? Thoughts? Is this an exception and will the new jacket be perfect? Serious case of OCD?

The jacket fits perfect otherwise.

Cheers

Benj

One of the Regulars
Considering it's a leather jacket that's meant to be a used and abused, having it arrive in a pristine condition isn't necessarily going to make a difference in the long run.

Scratch doesn't look too bad, and 15% is an appreciable discount... I'd keep it.

Also, the new jacket may fit differently (my first one fit a whole size smaller, I got lucky as the second one fits perfectly)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Two ways to see this:

1: you just paid a premium price for a premium jacket, it should be perfect, send it back.

2: nothing is perfect, at least you don't need to worry about making the first scrach/mark yourself.

I had worst marks on my DD J100, i decided to keep it because i didn't want to have to ship it back to the US, pay customs again, etc.
I had a small defect on my ELMC Californian, i sent it back for an exchange because it was easy and at that price i wanted a flawless jacket.

Only you can decide what to do, and if you can be bothered to send it back.

From a purely functional point of view, if you keep it the jacket will most likely be fine, it looks like a small surface tear and it shouldn't get worst. If anything you might be able to smooth it out by rubbing it with a glass rod or something like that.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fits perfect? Keep it.
You could easily "damage" this jacket yourself falling or landing on something but would not then get 15% off.
I'm with betron- take the money and run. An imperfection like that doesn't come close to ruining your fine jacket.

CBI

One Too Many
take the discount! you can touch it up if it still bothers you in a month.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Real McCoys has bad consistency. Your new jacket could both fit differently and come with grainy or flat leather...

If everything is perfect except that imperfection, definitely keep it. It's going to get a lot more messed up as you wear it!

Benj

One of the Regulars
Upon further inspection... man, it's actually crazy they're offering you anything for that. It's such a small imperfection. Usually, with leather and stuff like that, they just tell you it's the nature of the product.

You'd be crazy not to keep it and take the 15% discount.

el_gato

Familiar Face
Upon further inspection... man, it's actually crazy they're offering you anything for that. It's such a small imperfection. Usually, with leather and stuff like that, they just tell you it's the nature of the product.

You'd be crazy not to keep it and take the 15% discount.

Based your info that the jackets are not all prefectly the same I've decided to keep that one and accept the discount.

Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner