Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any other "unworthy" lurkers?

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
I came here because I love hats, but actually don't own any (other than baseball caps). Growing up with a mother who loves "Old Movies" and a grandfather who is basically my second dad, I love the Golden Era and after finding this forum I feel at home.
Plus other forums I have visited are full of a lot of angry people (or at least their online presence), but I like the no politics angle.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Flat Foot Floey said:
1928.gif

I am not 100% vintage. I only have few items. But I love to read all the stuff about clothes and browsing picture galleries ....
Some threads are about very specifical knowledge, some are about taste and good looks. So there is enough chance to write something, non?

Rats, beat me to it! I was looking for that scene

I'm really here for the "vibe", getting inspiration for vintage. The clothes can be hard to find, though a new hat is always a good buy. Being here has led me to an interest in modern art and design and I am compiling a wish list of future purchases

There are lots of other threads I post in such as the shaving one, the one about rituals and various crap musings :) . The best part is meeting some mature intelligent people I would never have run into in the real world, having a bite and a martini or two

And all this from googling "fedora" (been a hat wearer for decades) :eusa_clap

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'll just reiterate what everyone else has already said - be yourself! There are SO many different aspects related to the love of vintage - clothing, shoes, hats, home furnishings, decor, cars, recipes, haircuts, shaving... the list goes on and on. The Fedora Lounge seems to have a pretty broad spectrum - from people who dress full-on vintage 24/7 to those who don't own a single stitch of vintage but still love the style - and I think there's room for everyone.

I'm certainly not 'hardcore.' Far from it! My home is a 1958 ranch, but is decorated mostly modern (with a hint of vintage style). I drive a modern vehicle, use a Blackberry, and I work on a computer all day long. I can't sew to save my life, and half the Powder Room section is dedicated to patterns and sewing and hatmaking. I appreciate those threads, but it isn't for me. I own a lot of vintage clothing & accessories, but truthfully I might dress vintage 1/3 (or less) of the time. I collect 1940s and WWII memorabilia and I know how to swing dance... a little. I much prefer old movies and big band music to anything new. We each have our own interests and our own degree of involvement with the vintage lifestyle. I'm not hardcore, but I still love many aspects of the vintage lifestyle and don't consider myself "unworthy" to be here. You shouldn't either!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I used to worry that I wasn't vintage enough before I joined. Then I decided that I didn't care if anyone had a "more vintage than thou" attitude...after which it occurred to me that no one really cared; they were too busy futzing with themselves to notice. :)

I don't dress vintage but live in a time capsule house. I love classic films and old sit-coms and lots of non 2010 stuff.

Glad you stopped lurking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy