Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Paul Fredrick pieces?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
The new Paul Fredrick catalog arrived yesterday and the prices seem reasonable though no telling about quality.

Anyone here ever buy a piece from Paul Fredrick? What was it and how was its quality?

Thanks!

Marty M.

Vendor
So, so.

I never owned anything from them. I've heard some good stories and I've heard some bad stories. Not a lot of help am I? Sorry. I do think that you get what you paid for.
Marty Mathis

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have a Paul Frederick dress shirt, and it's my best shirt. I bought it without realizing it had French cuffs, but once I decided to use the cufflinks, I really enjoyed wearing it. I don't find the cufflinks nearly as annoying as I expected, and the quality of the cotton just feels very nice.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Their quality seems to go up in step with their prices. For a long time, their custom shirts were extremely reasonable, but they seem to be getting pretty close to Brooks Brothers in that area. I've got a few of their upper end white dress shirts and I've found them to be very reasonably priced for the quality. Plus, they almost always have sales and specials- so you can often find something good at a reasonable price.

Musclebuzz

New in Town
Brian -

I also received the recent Paul Fredrick catalog. I was disappointed that they didn't offer any club or cutaway collars. Didn't they used to have them in years past?

I've always wondered if Paul Fredrick is a real person. I get the feeling it's a made up name, similar to Sergio Valente. I could be wrong, though.

If you do place an order, please let us know what you think!
Chris
(Musclebuzz)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Club and Cutaway Collars

There is a reason for this. Since the end of the "attack of the spreadcollars" pandemic and the efforts of the FL to erdicate the virus some sucess has been achieved with major retailers...:D :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Seriously I have had a generally good deal from them. Down Under big guys pay a lot for shirts with little selection so my 4X friends love PF. I wear a 44 shirt and must say they have a good selection and quality and I buy on sale. Some of their collars are starting to get to vintage shape too and look good worn without collar stays.

As for the suits. I have bought a few and must say for the price on sale I have no complaints especially the high end fabric ones when the suits get around AUD200 landed. The linen suits in Belgian Delave weave linen have also been good - lighter to wear than Irish but not as nice.

Musclebuzz

New in Town
cookie said:
There is a reason for this. Since the end of the "attack of the spreadcollars" pandemic and the efforts of the FL to erdicate the virus some sucess has been achieved with major retailers...:D :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
QUOTE]

Gosh...
I must have been at the gym when all that collar drama was happening.

Remember I am just a dumb musclehead here... So fill me in, please! Was there a smackdown? Who won?

Does this mean I have to cut the collars and sleeves off my all my Crombie and RL Purple Label cutaway collar dress shirts and use them now for working out in the gym?

Chris
(Musclebuzz)

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Their prices can be quite competitive, but their quality is spotty. Their 100% cotton non-iron shirts are as good as any I own...including those by Brooks Brothers. However, many of the other shirts that I've bought from them wrinkle up like rags and are an absolute nightmare to press and keep them looking fresh. No more of them for me...it's the non-iron only! ;)

Also, to second Cookie's comment...their range of sizes is quite good.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I've bought and had mixed experiences. Good trousers, good shirts, but also bad shirts, a jacket with loose buttons... Lapels are very narrow on their current collection, which doesn't interest me... When their items go on sale the prices are pretty hard to resist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW