Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know "Spring Canyon Hats" out of NM? I like what I see

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

My inquiry:
Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/67533100/fur-felt-hat-5-inch-fedora-crown-2-34

I REALLY like your work! Do you offer any modification like a bound brim or a 2 1/2" brim or any other color felts?

I am about to "chat you up" to the folks at thefedoralounge.com

There is a current thread about the lack of woman's fur felt hats going on right now.

Regards,

Rick Blaine

REPLY:

Rick,
Thank you so much for the compliments, and we are glad that you like our work. It has taken us a while to get here, but we are finally on etsy, and breaking into the world of online sales. We offer all sorts of modifications on our hats, but they are within boundaries, because of our equipment limitations at the moment. We can make a brim just about what ever length you want and edge it over, but we would be unable to bound an edge with ribbon at this time.

We will probably have the proper attachment for our machine to bind the edge with ribbon with in a few months. Every piece of equipment seems to be a huge financial investment, but with people like you asking for bound edges we are more likely to quickly move in that direction. We have bound edges by hand, but it is very time consuming.

As far as color options we have many, and will soon be setting up some more examples on etsy. If you have a specific color interest in mind please let use know and we will tell you if we offer that color, and it what quality felt. We get our felts from a few different sources and each one offers something a little different in quality and color.

...I have found that women are lacking high quality hats these days. I live in New Mexico and I am trying to make high quality hats for men and women to protect from the elements, and still hold there style. High quality and made in America.

Kind Regards,
Oliver and Melissa

Tone

A-List Customer
There's some good potential here with this company. "America, U.S. - side", I'm still a very big fan of David Morgan's Akubras, and TopSecretHats.com, their Christys' line, and their willingness to be proactive in customer requests for desired specs holds strong on the overseas appreciation; but this company also looks like they offer a great hat in 'non-thievery' prices, as well!

Rick, I've always usually agreed with your tastes and choices for hats and vendor qualities here, so the fact that you're bringing them up is enough to give them serious consideration as a trustworthy source; and Spring Canyon Hats looks to be one company to definitely keep an eye on! I hope to learn more about their choices! Please keep us informed on their range of styles!

Last edited:

olliefoxtail

New in Town
Just to let you all know SpringCanyonHats goes under the name olliefoxtail on fedoralounge, and we would be glad to answer any questions. We are new and green, but come from a family of milliners, so we have a jump start on the hat making thing. It just took us a while to realize how cool hats are. Millinery is not much like mens hat making. The fit... oh my... the fit is the challenge. We make mens and womens hats, but want to make womens hats like classic mens hats. Women need good well fitted hats too. Thanks for the interest ya'll.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Tone

Rick, I've always usually agreed with your tastes and choices for hats and vendor qualities here, so the fact that you're bringing them up is enough to give them serious consideration as a trustworthy source; and Spring Canyon Hats looks to be one company to definitely keep an eye on! I hope to learn more about their choices! Please keep us informed on their range of styles!

Thank you for the vote of confidence, my friend. Mind you, I've not seen these in the flesh, you understand. But I hope to soon, that's for sure.

Tone

A-List Customer
Rick, I've seen enough accurate targeting and judgment of hats from you in the past that your mention of these guys puts them on radar as a company to give more than a glance toward for further consideration. No worries! I know you're just putting feelers out there on what they might have. The fact that you're looking at 'em at all is enough for me to take interest. Thank you for the heads up on Spring Canyon.

It could just be that we have very similar tastes in hats; and from a personal vantage - though I'll rarely admit it - I have yet to disagree with most of what you've presented here (unfaltering, honest opinions since, forever) in consideration of hats and brands that have made for "good looking" fedoras as opposed to hats that are deemed good or good-looking simply from mass popularity, instead. I truly appreciate the legitimacy of your opinions.

Alright, you'll never see that again. Back to "Tone". :)

Last edited:

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Just to let you all know SpringCanyonHats goes under the name olliefoxtail on fedoralounge, and we would be glad to answer any questions. We are new and green, but come from a family of milliners, so we have a jump start on the hat making thing. It just took us a while to realize how cool hats are. Millinery is not much like mens hat making. The fit... oh my... the fit is the challenge. We make mens and womens hats, but want to make womens hats like classic mens hats. Women need good well fitted hats too. Thanks for the interest ya'll.

ya'll.....Are you sure you live in New Mexico?

olliefoxtail

New in Town
We are an eclectic family. Born in england, grew up in LA, traveled from east to west for work and pleasure, and our vocabulary represents it.

Kind regards...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot