Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone on Filmjackets.com Forums?

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Did you contact Dan through the website? To me it seems like the email server is down for his "sales" and "info" addresses, because my emails bounce.
I have Stunt and Dan's e-mail addresses, though I usually have better luck contacting Stuntman directly. I've ordered several jackets through LC and am used to the wait. From my understanding they get made as a batch at Vanson, are not a high priority, and Vanson prefers a minimum number of orders to make a run of jackets.

With the X-men movies getting older, I imagine the demand is less and less. Maybe it'll pick up after the next Deadpool movie, as Hugh Jackman is supposed to be in it.

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everyone,
I’m here, if you all want to place orders, just come to me. I’ve kind of taken over the majority of the operations for the business. I actually have a few jackets in stock right now at my home. And Dan has quite a few up with him as well. They are ready to go and if anybody wants I can put up a list of what is available later this evening.

About the email errors, I don’t know what to tell all of you. They probably have not been maintained. I’m probably going to put up a new Gmail address for the business soon.

Anyways reply away!
Stunt

finnpalm

New in Town
Hey everyone,
I’m here, if you all want to place orders, just come to me. I’ve kind of taken over the majority of the operations for the business. I actually have a few jackets in stock right now at my home. And Dan has quite a few up with him as well. They are ready to go and if anybody wants I can put up a list of what is available later this evening.

About the email errors, I don’t know what to tell all of you. They probably have not been maintained. I’m probably going to put up a new Gmail address for the business soon.

Anyways reply away!
Stunt
Sending you a pm.

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everyone
I’m going to be putting up some in stock jackets for sale here on the forum tomorrow.

There will be a discount for buying directly here versus going to eBay, which we have not placed the listings yet over there. We all like to avoid eBay fees, so that’s part of the discount.

Once I post them, if you need any specific measurements, let me know and we can work through them.

Stunt

Peacoat

Bartender
Hey everyone
I’m going to be putting up some in stock jackets for sale here on the forum tomorrow.

There will be a discount for buying directly here versus going to eBay, which we have not placed the listings yet over there. We all like to avoid eBay fees, so that’s part of the discount.

Once I post them, if you need any specific measurements, let me know and we can work through them.

Stunt
Welcome to TFL Stuntman.

Before you post your jackets for sale, you probably ought to take a look at the rules on advertising. I have posted a link below. The rules are about 1/2 way down the page under Vendors and advertising.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-protect-all-our-great-members-in-here.26902/

morrison2951

Practically Family
I've got one on the way! :)

The darts on the back are a very nice touch at this price point.

Edit: Bruce Willis made it look good. ;)

52505319380_e564022e3d_k.jpg

52505319350_ed7e8914cf_k.jpg

d1a75b31fcab4ef9c89741a666c353d3.image.441x600.jpg

Last edited:

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everyone
So after speaking with a couple of people in the past 24 hours concerning the old Filmjackets site, I decided to pick up the phone and call Bluehost again. The last time I called them they had near an hour wait, and I had somewhere to be.

They were obviously not able to give me any specific details about the history of Filmjackets, just basic info as it is completely locked until I can provide a login email. Sorry to say, by the way their rules are set up with the data hosting, the site is LONG gone. Trust me that hurts to tell everybody here. Even just putting that down in text, just hit me emotionally.

But all is not lost. I’ve been reached out to by many, many people who want to see the site back up and running in some form. Well, we’re gonna have to start from scratch. But I believe it can be done. There are many of you here and elsewhere, who used to be valued members over at the forum. If we know anybody who isn’t around here at FL, feel free to reach out to them and invite them. I’ve joined many forums since the loss of Filmjackets, and this website seems to be the most easy-going of all of them. I haven’t had much time to hang out and reply to posts due to work schedule, but that’s definitely gonna be changing.

So, like I said, all is not lost and whatever we do, it needs to be dedicated to Rick. There are still many that have no idea that he’s no longer with us.

So to any of my long lost Filmjackets people, join us here, this place is nice.

Stunt

Last edited:

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Ah, I didn't realise that the Filmjacket forum is gone. I haven't been there for a couple of years already. There were huge amount of info about some famous film jackets there (particularly the Indy jacket...). It would be nice to get it started again somewhere. else.

TheStuntman

New in Town
Ah, I didn't realise that the Filmjacket forum is gone. I haven't been there for a couple of years already. There were huge amount of info about some famous film jackets there (particularly the Indy jacket...). It would be nice to get it started again somewhere. else.
Hey bud
Well, there might be some light at the end of the tunnel with that. Not saying anything else…for now.

The old Filmjackets may be gone, but the people who gave it the knowledge and built it up to be what it was are still around.

Stunt

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everyone,
Just thought I would let you all know I’ve been given the go ahead to at least post some of the Logan’s Closet/Legacy stock in the classified section. I’ll be starting to do that Monday or Tuesday. Things work wise have been nuts in the past month so that’s why I haven’t been active here.

The stock I will be posting includes the following.

Brando Wild One
House MD
BNE (Bane trialmaster alt color)
Legend (I am Legend)

All garments are made by Vanson Leathers in the USA.

And because transactions are not being done on eBay, there is a $75 discount off of each jacket. Straight to PayPal

Stunt

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everyone,
The jackets will be up by Monday(1/23). My workload just got increased in the past 48 hours.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Stunt :)

Last edited:

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey Everyone
Currently in the process of putting together a Jackets in the classified section. I just wanted to put out a note here to everyone.

Logan’s Closet and Legacy are the same brand. It was just a name change, that’s all. There’s nothing different. Items are all made by Vanson Leathers in Massachusetts unless otherwise stated.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems like the manufacturer of Filmjackets in-house (non-Vanson) jackets (discussed here several years ago) has started posting to VLJ, a prop website, and other places to reconnect with customers. His name is "Jameel Ur".

Just mentioning it here in case someone was looking for one of those jackets and didn't know where to find them now.

TheStuntman

New in Town
It seems like the manufacturer of Filmjackets in-house (non-Vanson) jackets (discussed here several years ago) has started posting to VLJ, a prop website, and other places to reconnect with customers. His name is "Jameel Ur".

Just mentioning it here in case someone was looking for one of those jackets and didn't know where to find them now.
Hey dude,
Yeah, he’s been over on the RPF for quite a while. He also has a website up excellent leather or something like that and he’s over on Instagram as well. The one thing that is holding some back from ordering from him is the fact that we are not sure if that is the guy that screwed Rick over. He had a lot of things go wrong with near 40 jackets and the guy refuse to send them and Rick was out a whole lot of money. I had quite a few discussions with Rick about this in the last years of his life.

So if you do plan on purchasing, just keep that in mind. He’s also using Rick’s pictures for quite a few of them. This is really a time when I wish that he was still with us to tell us whether or not that guy is legit. Trust me, I have been close to pulling the trigger on his replica Layer Cake jacket. If anybody is here that has purchased from him, please speak up and maybe show some pictures of the results that you got.

Aloysius

Thanks for the heads-up! And yeah hopefully this will bring about people’s stories with this maker so we can figure out if he’s a scammer or not.

By the way, @TheStuntman, has there been any progress on the Escape jacket project?

TheStuntman

New in Town
Thanks for the heads-up! And yeah hopefully this will bring about people’s stories with this maker so we can figure out if he’s a scammer or not.

By the way, @TheStuntman, has there been any progress on the Escape jacket project?
Yeah, i agree
I just wanna make something clear. The guy so far has an excellent track record and seems to always deliver the jackets no matter what. That does make me believe that this was the guy that Rick was using for a good period of time in the middle. I can’t remember exactly why Rick moved on from using him. I think it was something over communication or time or something like that. But like I said, he appears to be trustworthy so far. I just want to see some more knowledgeable people give their reviews on his products. Because I have seen some of the old filmjackets items around over the years and many of them were very impressive for the money.

The Plissken Jacket project is about to get back on the rails. There was a problem with the leather that we had chose for the jackets. There was also some communication issues which now are fixed. We just need to choose the new leather and push the project to get forward with the four first jackets that will be for Dan, myself, and two friends. Things also kind of got a little back burner in the past two months as I’ve been trying to sort out a couple of past due customer orders and get those straightened out and in the system with Vanson.

Once that’s done it’s gonna be smooth sailing ahead. I’m just kind of nervous about taking orders until I get other things from the past fixed. Sorry to rant. I just figured I’d give an update since I haven’t been on here for a little bit.

Aloysius

The Plissken Jacket project is about to get back on the rails. There was a problem with the leather that we had chose for the jackets. There was also some communication issues which now are fixed.
I'm very excited to hear it!
We just need to choose the new leather and push the project to get forward with the four first jackets that will be for Dan, myself, and two friends.
I did sadly have to return (wonky sleeve) a brown Vanson I got while visiting their factory recently, so if you'd like to make that a clean five;)

I'm looking forward to the project!

TheStuntman

New in Town
I'm very excited to hear it!

I did sadly have to return (wonky sleeve) a brown Vanson I got while visiting their factory recently, so if you'd like to make that a clean five;)

I'm looking forward to the project!
Aloysius,
you wouldn’t be twisting my arm, would you?

Let me get Dan to give me the old photo of our prototype from years back. I’ll post it and let’s see if we can get a few more. But I’m not taking any payments until I get everything communication wise exactly how I want it. Basically someone makes a payment, 24 hours later that payment in order is in with Vanson. I want to have a clear line of communication between the customer and us, as well as them being able to reach out to Vanson directly for updates.

Sound good?

Stunt

Aloysius

Aloysius,
you wouldn’t be twisting my arm, would you?

Let me get Dan to give me the old photo of our prototype from years back. I’ll post it and let’s see if we can get a few more. But I’m not taking any payments until I get everything communication wise exactly how I want it. Basically someone makes a payment, 24 hours later that payment in order is in with Vanson. I want to have a clear line of communication between the customer and us, as well as them being able to reach out to Vanson directly for updates.

Sound good?

Stunt

Ha, don’t worry. I’m joking around but your communication plan here sounds really excellent. Should prevent bottlenecks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff