Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone still waiting to receive their ELC roughwear sheepskin jacket

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Ordered an ELC roughwear B3 from Eastman UK on Jan 10, 2011. Still waiting for delivery. Got an email from Rob today and they are still waiting for delivery of their roughwear sheepskin material before they can make my B3. He is expecting shipment of the sheepskin within a couple of weeks. This might mean I won't be getting my jacket until march now. I'm a bit disappointed but still being patient.
If there are fellow members still waiting for their ELC roughwear sheepskin jackets, we may have to wait a little longer

Cheers

RG

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Sounds like it's out of their hands.

Please continue to be patient. I'm sure you are already aware of how happy and satisfied you will be when you get it and being in Calgary, there's always the liklihood you'll still get wear out of it 'til May !

Dave

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
A little harsh John. Unless you know that Eastman didn't order enough or significantly less than a normal year (whatever tha means).

as is often the case, suppliers let customers down further up the supply chain than the retailer/buyer level.

You have enough sheepskin to outfit several squadrons of wellingtons ! :) In fact, you might be the reason for the shortage ;-)

I can't believe you're buying another ELC sheepskin :)

Dave

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Got an email today from Rob. The roughwear sheepskin is due to arrive later today or tomorrow morning. They can finally start clearing up the backorders. Hopefully my jacket will be completed in the next week to 2 weeks.
The wait maybe almost over :)

Radz108

One of the Regulars
I got an email today from Rob. My RW B3 is complete and has shipped. It should arrive in Calgary on Tuesday! Can't wait to receive it!

Cheers

RG

John Lever

One Too Many
I am still waiting since mid December. I had a credit with them for my returned Devon Fleece. Otherwise I would have cancelled long ago as it's spring here now, and two months is way too long to wait for a non - custom jacket.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hi John
Did ELC at least give you an ETA when your B6 will ship? I find it quite odd why my order (ordered in early jan) would ship earlier than your order (mid dec). From what I read, I'm sure your B6 would be worth the wait :)

John Lever

One Too Many
The jacket has been cut and will be made next week. Eastman obviously value overseas customers more than their UK regulars. I have spent thousands with them and I am disappointed to say the least !
Having just come off the phone with Alan Eastman, he assured me that he only collected the materials himself a day or so ago and there must be some mistake ?

Last edited:

Radz108

One of the Regulars
The jacket has been cut and will be made next week. Eastman obviously value overseas customers more than their UK regulars. I have spent thousands with them and I am disappointed to say the least !
Having just come off the phone with Alan Eastman, he assured me that he only collected the materials himself a day or so ago and there must be some mistake ?
Hmmm. That makes no sense. I am now wondering how they made my jacket so fast then if they just received the material a few days ago? I know the email from Rob is true because I received a fedex confirmation of the shipment. Is the B3 pattern easier to make than the B6. Maybe what takes time could be the trimming of the fur lining of the B6. Maybe the materials already come pretrimmed to B3 length and ELC needs to further trim it down to 1/4 inch fur for the B6 thus adding to the manufacturig time. I just hope the long wait is worth it.

Regards

RG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR