Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anything Different from Hatsdirect?

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
After spending some frustrating time on ebay...I wondered if anyone had purchased any Non-indy or different colour Indy hats from Ron and the crew at Hatsdirect. There seem to be some decent 40's esque lids that look good and could be a good value. Just looking at the colour options has anyone ventured out to buy a Tawny Fawn Federation, or something different from any of other styles? Unfortunately, the sight doesn't seem to mention crown heights or taper on any of the lids, which to is important. I know that ebay still offers some nice stuff but without a block it might just be better to buy a good quality lid from Ron. (I'm sure Havershaw and Fedora must be saying...Yes, Rob....Yes, our mind control is working!!!:D Buy new...yes..buy New...LOL .)

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Danosaurus

New in Town
I got an Akubra Stylemaster in Steel Grey a few months back, it was recommended by Zohar I believe and I have been very happy with it. The felt is thin and soft. For me however, I think it is proportioned a little too small...I am a big guy and wider brims/taller crowns look better on me. That's why I've been wearing my Keppler Indy pretty much exclusively for the last few weeks. :fedora:

Still, the Stylemaster is a great lid for the price. One of these days I might get a CEO or Bogart...or maybe even Lee's Bogie. :cool:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Yeah, I bought a Stylemaster in Steel Grey for my cousin. It has a teardrop, a bound edge, and is a grey with sort of a blueish tint to it.

Michaelson

One Too Many
There is a new one in the mill as we speak. The prototype is supposed to be heading in my direction any time now (was promised around Christmas time, but Akubra has been experiencing problems in delivery times lately). Once received, I'll fill you in. Regards. Michaelson

JerseyJones

Vendor
I have a Grey Federation that I had Optimo do a band change and bash on. A little of my own fingerstyling on the brim and <pow> a great mid weight dress hat that looks killer on me. the back brim is upturned, while the front goes down, a Bogey Indy, if you will.

I love it and I'll try to post pix soon.

Peace

Ken:cool2:

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Originally posted by Michaelson
There is a new one in the mill as we speak. The prototype is supposed to be heading in my direction any time now (was promised around Christmas time, but Akubra has been experiencing problems in delivery times lately). Once received, I'll fill you in. Regards. Michaelson

Oh... you have to give us a hint!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart