Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apparently there's a rockabilly revival in London...

Salv

One Too Many
I know rockabilly isn't to everyones taste, but I also know some of the Loungers might be interested in this article in the current edition of London listings magazine Time Out.

As you'd expect from a mainstream mag they haven't got all the details quite right :eusa_doh: They talk to a young band called Kitty, Daisy & Lewis and mention their forthcoming single, Mean Son Of A Gun. According to TO this will be their debut single, but in fact they released their first single - a cover of the old Moon Mullican hit Honolulu Rock A Roll A - in the middle of 2005. In the true spirit of rock 'n' roll rebellion it was only available as a 7" 45 RPM single.

Aside from that little quibble it's a good article, and worth a read, and there's a very nice photo of K, D & L:
image.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
this was inevitable after the burlesque revival (Whoopee club) and the general revival of dressing up a bit to go out. there's a definite 50s influence on high street fashions at the moment, with a large dollop of 60s girl-group look thrown in too. i see girls in polka-dot dresses and flat pointed shoes and hairbands every day. i'm sure die-hard rockabillies will scoff at the trendification of their underground scene but they needn't worry, it will pass like all 'trends' and leave only a few converts.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
That sound of gnashing teeth is coming from every rockabilly band that's been schlepping their gear in and out of dives for the last twenty years and has never been able to get even a quarter-inch of mainstream press.

Regards,

Senator Jack

gnash gnash gnash......

still it might mean more work even for us ugly old men

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner