Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

RBH

Bartender
Preacher Man said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Great looking hat RBH and looks good on you! I don't have an Art custom yet, but it's on my list of things to do; up toward the top. Tell me, I notice in this pic and in your avatar what seems to be a downward slope in your brims on the sides of your hats. Do you shape them that way or are my old eyes playing tricks on me? If you shape them that way, what do you use, steam? Water? Whichever it is, I like it!

Enjoy it
Preacher Man
I just have the back of the brim lower than most have them.
That gives the sides room to 'rest'.

theinterchange said:
It's hard to judge how someone will take "comparison" comments, but you remind me little of Jeff Bridges or Harrison Ford in this photo.

Randy
All I can say is "THANK YOU". Call me Indy any time you want! :D

Pompidou

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
It's hard to judge how someone will take "comparison" comments, but you remind me little of Jeff Bridges or Harrison Ford in this photo.

Randy

Jeff Bridges or Sean Connery I'd say. I don't see the Harrison Ford. Those Milans - they look like straw. Are they actually felt? I've never seen one in person.

OT1899

Familiar Face
First VS Custom Hat ...

Well, my first VS Custom Hat arrived today and I must say I am very pleased! The fit is perfect and the craftsmanship is outstanding! I would post a pic, but I haven't quite figured that out yet on TFL. For inquiring minds, it's exactly like the granite with grey ribbon hat on page 155 posted by DRB. Thanks Art!!!

OT1899

Familiar Face
Rat Pack said:
I know he is busy so I don't want to pester him, but how long have you folks been waiting since returning the conformer to be contacted about specs?

I looked back at my emails noting that I returned the conformer on July 26th and confirmed specs on September 14th. I'm not sure how this compares to the experience of others, but I am totally pleased with the process and the finished product. I traded emails with Art a couple of times along the way and found him to be very responsive and helpful. In my view, the wait is well worth it ......!!!

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Love it.

WEEGEE said:
"Frankie"
MFFRANKIE.jpg

I still think this photo is hilarious.

DRB

One Too Many
OT1899 said:
Well, my first VS Custom Hat arrived today and I must say I am very pleased! The fit is perfect and the craftsmanship is outstanding! I would post a pic, but I haven't quite figured that out yet on TFL. For inquiring minds, it's exactly like the granite with grey ribbon hat on page 155 posted by DRB. Thanks Art!!!

Hey OT1899, Congratulations on your first VS. I know you will get some good compliments on it. It is a beautiful color and I like the thickness of the felt. Should last you a good long time. Gotta love that beaver!

July6201015401.jpg

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
OT1899 said:
I looked back at my emails noting that I returned the conformer on July 26th and confirmed specs on September 14th. I'm not sure how this compares to the experience of others, but I am totally pleased with the process and the finished product. I traded emails with Art a couple of times along the way and found him to be very responsive and helpful. In my view, the wait is well worth it ......!!!
Glad you answered that question, as I was about to ask it. I would have hated to bother Art with it, and right now I'm sitting at 30 days since he got the conformer back and I'm still waiting on my turn to work out the details. I was getting a little antsy, but I may get a new job that will alter my wardrobe, so it may be a blessing in disguise that its taken awhile.

EggHead

Practically Family
Love those whiskey hats!

I will order one next spring! Mikey, Blackthorn, how do you like the brim size? I am thinking that 2.5" for me would be max, maybe 2.25" would be better. Do you think this hat will look good with a slightly shorter brim?

Thanks,
Egghead

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
Egghead,

I think my brim size is perfect, for me of course. I think shorter would look good too. I've always thought that ribbon width is important to pulling off a certain size brim.

Keep us informed!

EggHead said:
I will order one next spring! Mikey, Blackthorn, how do you like the brim size? I am thinking that 2.5" for me would be max, maybe 2.25" would be better. Do you think this hat will look good with a lightly shorter brim?

Thanks,
Egghead

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
dwebber18 said:
Glad you answered that question, as I was about to ask it. I would have hated to bother Art with it, and right now I'm sitting at 30 days since he got the conformer back and I'm still waiting on my turn to work out the details. I was getting a little antsy, but I may get a new job that will alter my wardrobe, so it may be a blessing in disguise that its taken awhile.
It took me about six weeks to get the email saying it was my turn, and to call him. That was just recently, and I immediately put my name back into the rotation for another hat. He said the wait is still about the same now.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
EggHead said:
I will order one next spring! Mikey, Blackthorn, how do you like the brim size? I am thinking that 2.5" for me would be max, maybe 2.25" would be better. Do you think this hat will look good with a lightly shorter brim?

Thanks,
Egghead
Egghead, my brim size is 2 5/8 on this whiskey hat and I like that. But Art can make it to you own spec so make sure you ask for what you want. I do indeed think it would look fine with anything down to a 2 1/4 (or 2.25, as you put it) brim, and my first hat from Art was that size brim. I still love it, I just like variety, too. A lot of the hats Bogart wore in the movies had that 2.25 size brim. It works.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
So Art just let me know I'm heading to the block soon. Going with granite, 5 1/2" open, but shaped something like a c-crown, 2 1/2" welted brim. Told Art I liked a conservative but unique ribbon and that I liked the chevron style ribbon as well as his signature bow with the color line in it, so we'll see what I get as to that. I sent him a bunch of pictures from this thread to reference shapes and styles I liked. He said he has a picture in his head of some ribbon combos he hasn't done with granite before so I'll be excited to see what he comes up with. I'm sure it will fit what I'm looking for and that I'll be happy with it, can't wait to see.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Art Fawcett said:
Nope, WeeGee is still around, still wearing his hats, just had life get in the way of fun lol lol
Good for him-he can certainly pull off with perfection a style I can't touch! I know about the life pinch. If it weren't for children and their trendy clothes, $300.00 baseball bats (I still don't get that one), camp fees, etc. I would be trying to compete with "Mister 41". By the way, what is the recordholder up to now?

DWebber, granite is the color of my last Art and you will love it!

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
Got my felt samples and conformer today!!! I just knew I would be sold on the pecan color, but I find granite and natural are tied for my favorite! The pecan is just too close to an Indy (to the uneducated hat people of the world that is...) and I got one of those. I need me a Hollowpond hat! For those that have the color, how does the granite match up with a brownish wardrobe?(brown leather jacket, khaki pants, etc. etc.) There seems to be quite a bit of brown in the granite, and plus that is the color my wife immediately picked out.

Travis

kaosharper1

One Too Many
hollowpond said:
Got my felt samples and conformer today!!! I just knew I would be sold on the pecan color, but I find granite and natural are tied for my favorite! The pecan is just too close to an Indy (to the uneducated hat people of the world that is...) and I got one of those. I need me a Hollowpond hat! For those that have the color, how does the granite match up with a brownish wardrobe?(brown leather jacket, khaki pants, etc. etc.) There seems to be quite a bit of brown in the granite, and plus that is the color my wife immediately picked out.

Travis

My avatar is in granite, and it does go well with brown. It has a brownish undertone, so I had to go with blue smoke afterwards to have a more blue-grey hat for blue clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24