Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Gents, for the nice comments! I highly appreciate your feedback. :yo:

WOW Rabbit..just WOW..what great pics. I HAVE to steal them for my site!!!!

Well, if you really want to - by all means, go ahead and use them. :) I can do more pics with other felts, if you're interested. It would be my pleasure, Sir. The first pic (BC hanging from the shed's door knob) shows a little technical slip-up, so I need to re-shoot a series of this perspective in similar light. I have this one from another series without slip-up:

P1060223.jpg

Nice black cherry in a tree. +3

Now why didn't I think of that title!

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Lovely pics Rabbit - an a side note, what camera and lens are you using? From the colors, my guess is it starts with N...

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Lovely pics Rabbit - an a side note, what camera and lens are you using? From the colors, my guess is it starts with N...

How I wish it did start with an N...

Are you sitting down, Sir? Here's my camera:

HBDwnSAG_Pxgen_r_300xA.jpg

panasonic.jpg

Obviously, it cannot be used for low-light photography.

I used to do nature photography (close-ups, landscapes, animals, and everything in between) with serious equipment daily for many hours in the analogue days from 1995 to 2001. I used the slide films Kodachrome KM 25 mostly, some KR 64, and perhaps 5% KL 200. No E-6 process films.

Last edited:

RobStC

A-List Customer
Are you sitting down, Sir? Here's my camera:
HBDwnSAG_Pxgen_r_300xA.jpg

At the risk of going slightly away from the topic of VS's :eek:, I have to say that I have been incredibly impressed with the pictures that are possible with a Lumix DMC-TZ8 that I started to use recently. I had decades of using a Contax RTS, and, within its limitations, the little Panasonic is not at all humbled in terms of quality.....

Now, back to our scheduled programme..... Great hats, Rabbit (and Art! :eusa_clap).

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I asked Art to recreate this Dunlop Duplex that ScottF posted.

This is what showed up in my mailbox yesterday.

duplex7.jpg

I lurve this hat. Thanks Mr. Fawcett.

(Cross-posted in half-breed hats thread.)

But won't the chocolate melt in the Summer sun??

In all seriousness though....what a beauty. I've never seen a two-tone hat before, what a great creation.

Cliff

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Art, thanks so much. This hat is great!. I took the liberty to adapt your ribbon down from the 2 inches to a 1 1/2. It suits me better as I like more crown in my straws. Color of the brim is granite/gray at 2 1/2 inches with a contrasting gray ribbon.

I forgot to take a before shot :eusa_doh: Art sent me this when he was almost done making it. I used his same ribbon. (more pictures next page)

IMG_0419.jpg

A casual shot:

IMG_3165.jpg

Last edited:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Man, that was really super fast. Art may want to consider changing the name of his business to Lightening Silhouettes ...;)

See what happens when I get excited about a hat?

Thanks Ale, . What Ale isn't telling is that somehow during shipping the ribbon came a bit loose so he had to either send it back or sew it himself, he chose the latter. Also, it went out of here so fast that I forgot to add the tip sticker which is on the way to Manhattan as I write. I sure hate getting old but then the alternative..well...better to be forgetful.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
WOW. I have to look into these. Ale and Art, that is a fantastic hat. I've been fascinated by these hybrids for a few years, and it's amazing to see some in contextual photos. Think it would work with a derby?

By the way, what is that gorgeous homburg behind it, Ale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner