Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Dean.
Eric, nice to see you in that minty lid. I tend to think of the light sage felt as a dye that's best suited for workwear stuff. A nice, unusual color to smarten up casual wear.

A couple more new pics of the VS Dark Moss that I commissioned last spring:

Darkmoss_HarrisTweedsilkknitblockstripe_2post_zpsc06960de.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nik, nice new Silverbelly you have there - I really like the ribbon style in particular. Also good to see your Dark Moss VS (your's as well Eric).

I agree with you guys, Dark Moss is a really special felt colour. You've got me wanting to wear mine. Hmm, it is Fawcett Friday tomorrow!

gambit

New in Town
Darn, got my Nighthawk, but seeing these I would now want a nice green hat...and a black cherry...and a midnight blue...and a...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Che.

VS Dark Moss LITE w/ 22 L moss green ribbon, and a brim binding in a different shade

This one has become one of my favorites. Today worn with a gray Harris tweed, blue oxford, and silk knit block stripe.

Darkmoss_HarrisTweedsilkknitblockstripe_post_zps8946fdf9.jpg

The Winchester dark moss felt is surprisingly versatile and works with almost every classic color of suitings - many different shades of gray, tans, even dark blues and dark browns. Just don't wear it with a green tweed or a green gabardine...

Where did that Harris Tweed suit come from? Bookster?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Where did that Harris Tweed suit come from? Bookster?

Scabal's MTM factory in Güdingen, Germany. They produce right there from start to finish, and of course one can also send them cloth sourced from elsewhere. Luckily some of Scabal's MTM pattern work very well for me. Not perfect, mind you, but good enough for me.

Here's another set of images of the gray Harris Tweed suit with the VS Dove w/ 19 L black that has been posted before.

VS-Dove-w-19black_HarrisTweed_post.jpg

VS-Dove-w-19black_tweedwoolgabardinetrench_post.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Silverbelly LITE w/ 19 L black, raw brim

The newly commissioned Silverbelly with gray chalkstripe flannel, white oxford, and untipped silk Grenadine in navy with pin dots.

I have come to enjoy raw brims only lately and clearly favor them now over welted edges (leaving aside both felted edges and bound edges, which are in a class of their own). There's something to the clean-cut line of a raw brim that makes them, well, sharp.

VS-SilverbellyLITE--w19blk_chalkstripeflannel_1_zpsaf0c6992.jpg

VS-SilverbellyLITE--w19blk_chalkstripeflannel_4_zpsbeccce18.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice to see your posts again Nik. The Harris Tweed combo is particularly sharp. Agree with you about raw edges over welted edges, welted edges seem to impart a heaviness to the look of a hat as well.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Beautiful Pics Nik, Thank you
I have news Gents!!! I was in Florida this last week and while I was gone visiting family, I was delivered for the very first time, Dove featherweights along with Sahara so I have two new colors for your pleasure. I also was delivered Dove in two blends, one being a nutria blend in dress weight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran